12-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Any preferences? Money worth it to roll jdm or HFP

On an exterior mods. ie bumper lips, suspension

soquel1
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Jdm for sure.

ImportCustomx
12-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Depends on what your going for...if you like the JDM go that route, expensive but its nice. I love the HFP but i cant find an entire kit, also have not looked to hard.

Either way, its your taste buddy, whichever suites you... For suspension, i would probably stay HFP, or Mugen suspension is best and will work great with our factory setup. Unless you are track and auto-x on the weekends, i would stay away from crazy drops and shitty offsets etc. Keep it clean, keep it simple.

DA9_GSR
12-03-2012, 07:03 AM
I had both. I prefer the JDM. It looks much cleaner without the side markers on the bumpers. Also, I never loved the HFP rear on the EP3. Just my opinion.

EUB44
12-03-2012, 08:13 AM
JDM for sure. If you dont have enough money get replicas.

differentK
12-03-2012, 08:38 AM
JDM looks cool- i prefer it to HFP... but i would never spend that kind of money since i drive my car so much. i would be too worried about f@#kn something up.

Her-Name's-Ally
12-03-2012, 09:22 AM
I like HFP. I feel like if I got type r stuff I would always feel like a knock off cause I dont have a type r engine. If I had a million bucks then I would get jdm everything

DA9_GSR
12-03-2012, 09:54 AM
JDM looks cool- i prefer it to HFP... but i would never spend that kind of money since i drive my car so much. i would be too worried about f@#kn something up.

I still felt that way about the HFP as well. Ever since the HFP kit got discontinued I was always nervous about getting into a fender bender and the insurance company not being able to source the kit again for the repair.

differentK
12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I still felt that way about the HFP as well. Ever since the HFP kit got discontinued I was always nervous about getting into a fender bender and the insurance company not being able to source the kit again for the repair.

i hear you- but i would rock HFP before i went JDM... i cant imagine the insurance company would cover anything JDM- especially if they catch wind that you modified/ replaced USDM safety equipment (rebar, etc). I would guess they would refuse to cover it and maybe even drop you- leaving you to have to replace all that JDM bling you smashed up. i would much rather find a USDM front bumper than a JDM one. If you hit someone their insurance company would probably be coming after you as well. all that just for looking cool... yea im good.

superchargedk20
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
The insurance company won't know if its jdm or not. They will give u x amount of dollars for all damages. You can use the money to try and find a replace the bumper or not. I crashed insurance gave me 175 to buy a new ctr rep front lip from showstoppers. My buddy crashed his gsr on the highway and the money he got from insurance he bought a complete jdm front end

thakid
12-03-2012, 09:56 PM
ukdm?

04sidriver
12-04-2012, 05:27 AM
i prefer hfp

02ep3413
12-05-2012, 07:26 AM
I liked the HFP lips, but the front stuff has to be all jdm, no lower side markers looks real good!