PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

eloc49
12-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm planning on getting coils and putting them on my EP3 this summer. I posted a similar thread on clubep3, but they seem to crucify you if you want to go lower than 1 inch. That being said, what do any of you reccomend for under 1000? Car is a DD , just wanna go 1.5 maybe 2 if im feeling frisky ;) Ive been told to stay away from Raceland at all costs. I'm currently thinking about Megan Racing Streets, does anyone have these?

wayfastwhitey84
12-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I have Megan Racing coils for a RSX on my EP3 now, the quality is good for the price but to stiff for DD IMO. Im not sure bout the street series but so far the megans have held up better than my N+ did:mconfused:

303EP
12-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I have the Megan Street coils for the RSX with inverted tie rod ends and it's a little stiff but I feel like they were worth it...great turns when paired with a 22mm rear sway bar and the struts at their stiffest settings

lemonhead228
12-06-2012, 08:58 PM
d2 coils

EUB44
12-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Dude come on. There are numberless of threads about coils. :searchnoob:

Her-Name's-Ally
12-07-2012, 12:16 AM
x2^ someone else has just asked the same exact question read that thread my fingers hurt

poeticfinesse21
12-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I posted a similar thread on clubep3, but they seem to crucify you if you want to go lower than 1 inch

The reason for this is because if you go any lower than 1 inch then your whole suspension geometry is fucked and your car will handle like shit no matter what suspension you have. That being said, the ONLY coilover under $1000 worth buying is the RSX-spec megans. Anything else is purely just for bling and/or looks. Honestly though, save up a little more money and get yourself some H&R coilovers. I don't understand why so many people want to be cheap with their suspension and expect to not compromise quality. Aside from a very small few brands (H&R, bilstein, KW, buddy clubs, progress and megans are the only ones that come to mind) all coilovers under $2000 are cheap, made in taiwan or china shit. Even the tein basics are garbage, tein's good coils start at the mono-flex (around $2200). If I'm thinking about the right forum, you asked about performance on clubep3 which is why you got "crucified" for wanting to be so low. Just as an example, guess which coilover is D2 and which one is bilstein:
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7256/fotopss9.jpg

powdbyrice
12-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Progress series 1 coilovers

wayfastwhitey84
12-13-2012, 09:39 AM
The reason for this is because if you go any lower than 1 inch then your whole suspension geometry is fucked and your car will handle like shit no matter what suspension you have. That being said, the ONLY coilover under $1000 worth buying is the RSX-spec megans. Anything else is purely just for bling and/or looks. Honestly though, save up a little more money and get yourself some H&R coilovers. I don't understand why so many people want to be cheap with their suspension and expect to not compromise quality. Aside from a very small few brands (H&R, bilstein, KW, buddy clubs, progress and megans are the only ones that come to mind) all coilovers under $2000 are cheap, made in taiwan or china shit. Even the tein basics are garbage, tein's good coils start at the mono-flex (around $2200). If I'm thinking about the right forum, you asked about performance on clubep3 which is why you got "crucified" for wanting to be so low. Just as an example, guess which coilover is D2 and which one is bilstein:
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7256/fotopss9.jpg

Do you have a link for Bilsteins that fit ep, I looked and can not find one.

Her-Name's-Ally
12-13-2012, 11:13 AM
look for the rsx ones

Hasbro
12-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Try H&R, they are Bilsteins.

If I were to go with Bilsteins, I'd try the Euro web page. Very nice stuff.

Also, mr-alternative has Bilsteins or he did on his first EP. He's in Germany.

poeticfinesse21
12-13-2012, 02:22 PM

They do not sell the bilstein B16 PSS9 coilovers in the USA :mfrown: You would have to get them imported from europe.

Hasbro
12-13-2012, 03:39 PM
I couldn't find a listing for DC5/EP3 B16s but they used to have them. I remember it took a bit of searching on the site. I think they were in the 2500.00-3000.00 range.

http://www.bilstein.de/en/products/sport-and-threaded-ride-high-adjustable-kits/bilstein-b16.html

eloc49
05-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks everyone! sorry for making the thread when i was a n00b, i learned how to search and have been doing nonstop research. I decided im going to run 0857s tie rods and get the Megan coils for the rsx. I'm trying to decide between the street or track series. Which would be better for a lower drop/ longevity?