PDA

View Full Version : Rearview mirror keeps falling off.

cyllarus
12-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Ok, so i had my windshield replaced a few months ago due to road debris, and about a month after it was replaced the glue that bonded the rearview mirror to the glass failed, and the mirror fell off.

No problem I said, went and got some glue at autozone, stuck it back on there. The first time i tried to adjust the mirror, the base separated from the glass again.

Ive glued it on 4 times now, at the longest its stayed attached has been a week. Am i doing something wrong?

how is it that i can swap the motor but not get the f'ing mirror to stay on! LAWL.

One thing i noted is that on the windshield i have the glass has a small black patch where i have been sticking the mirror. Are the bonding agents designed to go ON GLASS, and b/c im sticking it to the black patch, its not bonding correctly?

Civic5lug
12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
lolz i just went through this. The normal strength ones suck, go for the EXTREME one or SUPER strength one. Autozone sells it right next to each other.

Make sure you get all the old residue off that patch too.

Silva
12-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Lol glad to hear that it's not just me losing my rear view mirror all the time... I swear every couple months it falls back off no matter what :mad2:

02ep3413
12-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Try using a double sided tape as you would if you were putting a lip on, make sure the tape is direct in the center of the hold on the mirror. I had this problem and would lose it when the bass hit in my car!

Silva
12-14-2012, 12:05 PM
ya mine is really bad though... I'm starting to lose glass.

jettech
12-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Napa auto has some really good mirror glue,
mabe try using a hairdryer to get windshield really hot ...

02ep3413
12-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Maybe there is something you can stick to the glass, then put adhesive on the bottom of that, connect that to the mirror. so it isnt straight against the glass?

Silva
12-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Well basically my glass is chipped off now a little bit from where the mirror keeps falling off... I'll take a picture the next time it happens if I remember but i'm not driving the car for the winter as I have a beater and one of my axles is torn :mcry: