PDA

View Full Version : Well i said i never would...but i came back to honda!

Tortoise
12-16-2012, 03:22 AM
Hey guys havent been on here in a longgggg time! Dont know if anybody remembers me but a few years ago i was a very regular member. My ep3 randomly blew up one day with 40000 miles and has been sitting ever since. Bought a few motors,and they ended up being bad..along with a ton of parts to do a build. Needless to say i got discouraged so i put that on the back burner and went out and bought a 99 miata just to tool around in. Got rid of that car quite quick and wanted a honda again. Got a 92 eg hatch and did a ton to it. Motors in,motors out,headaches, eventually after my h2b swap i decided im tired of playing with cars and got rid of that. I went out and bought a 2005 nissan altima se-r with 62000 miles on it. It was auto but it was fast,clean,comfortable and i loved it! A month later that was totaled by a drunk driver while parked and i was walking up to it..This brings us to this past june. Insurance gave me a good deal of money so i went out and bought another se-r, this one being a code red 6spd with 116000 miles. Modded the HELL out of it with the leftover insurance money and the car became quite a sleeper. My best time in it was a 13.7...well that car ended up starting to have little shit going wrong here and there and once again i became frustrated. Decided fuck it im buying a brand new car. Went out and got me a brand new 2012 civc si 4dr exactly a month ago. Got a really good deal on it too! So far i love the car a lot. I know a lot of people dont like them but i really do, and im glad to be back into a nice honda! I currently have my se-r for sale and will miss the performance and luxury a ton but i love my si! Sorry for the long post i doubt anybody will read it but im up late and bored and figured id stop in and say hi!
Here is the only pic i have of my 2012 si so far.
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p144/CFSP/F02CBCB2-0D9B-4758-B4D1-D77CB0C6DE8E-1076-000000CB185F5737.jpg
Mostly stock so far, got honda to throw in the oem window visors and all weather mats. Also did 8k HID headlights and foglights and all LED interior and license plate lights. Also removed the front plate and debadged the civic emblem. Ordered an intake too but that will be about all for awhile besides cosmetics because i wanna keep my warranty!
I sold a lot of the parts from my ep3 build but i still have a bunch left, i will be making a for sale thread soon. BTW the ep3 is still in my backyard waiting for love someday:) I just cant get rid of her. I know i know i could have fixed the ep3 for a lot cheaper but i just wanted a brand new car with zero worries. Sorry for the long post guys, hope everyone is doing well!

SkareKrow
12-16-2012, 04:13 AM
Welcome back! I mos def remember you!:welcome::ephatch:

Glad your back in the game!

¶SK¬

Tortoise
12-16-2012, 04:30 AM
Welcome back! I mos def remember you!:welcome::ephatch:

Glad your back in the game!

¶SK¬

Thanks a lot man, im glad someone remembered me lol. Sounds fruity but i missed you guys!

Tnhatch03
12-16-2012, 09:36 AM
people always come back...lol

need more pics of the SI.

klik
12-16-2012, 10:17 AM

I see this alot here in ephatch. Welcome back i think i remember you. Nice looking 2012 si my buddy have a 2012 coupe si also. Very nice car i like the k24 pull. Im glad you came back to the honda family.

Hasbro
12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
I remember you. Now fix your dam EP!

jettech
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
glad your back .....:hay:

Leemo559
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
welcome back to the honda world....that si looks sharp...hows it drive and handle..??? can you compare it to the previous 4door si...?

Tortoise
12-17-2012, 02:10 PM

I had to! And when i have access to a camera i will put some up. My iphone camera took a shit..

I see this alot here in ephatch. Welcome back i think i remember you. Nice looking 2012 si my buddy have a 2012 coupe si also. Very nice car i like the k24 pull. Im glad you came back to the honda family.

Thanks man! I love the power of the k24 in this thing.

I remember you. Now fix your dam EP!

One of these days she'll come back to life!

glad your back .....:hay:

Thank you, glad to be back!

welcome back to the honda world....that si looks sharp...hows it drive and handle..??? can you compare it to the previous 4door si...?

Thank you, it drives and handles great. I've only driven my buddies mugen so its hard to compare. I've heard people do like the 8th gens handling a bit better though:(

gtecd20
12-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Welcome back now post more pics:mbiggrin:

Tortoise
12-18-2012, 03:03 AM
Welcome back now post more pics:mbiggrin:

Ill work on getting some today with my girl's ipad:)

playap07
12-18-2012, 05:07 AM
ahaha yup I remeber you! Welcome back there Brotha! Damn man you went through some vehicles!

Tortoise
12-18-2012, 08:29 AM
ahaha yup I remeber you! Welcome back there Brotha! Damn man you went through some vehicles!

Yeah plannin on stickin with this one! Thinkin about sellin my ep3 shell though to get some more of this car paid off:(

Tortoise
12-24-2012, 04:57 PM
quick video from today
http://youtu.be/1_2Aggac1Zo

ninebreaker8
12-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Welcome back! Honda might always be the car for me.. reliable as heck from the day it leaves the factory.
Out of curiosity, what are the bulb sizes for your headlights? I plan to get a pair of HID's for a close friend of mine who also has a 2012 civic, albeit not the SI verson. :mfrown: