PDA

View Full Version : need help with installing dc race headers

eddiebear
12-16-2012, 01:14 PM
just wondering if theres a diy thread that can help me. i couldnt find one. sorry. and is this install easy or should i take it to a shop?

klik
12-16-2012, 01:29 PM
just wondering if theres a diy thread that can help me. i couldnt find one. sorry. and is this install easy or should i take it to a shop?

You can do it yourself men. try to take out the swaybar first. The problem of the dc header is its one piece so u need to wiggle that bitch around lol.

eddiebear
12-16-2012, 06:31 PM
yeah its looks like its going to be difficult to wiggle it through haha. ima give it a shot next weekend.
so all i have to remove is my sway bar to get enough space for my header to fit?

black05ep
12-16-2012, 06:47 PM
I have one. I didnt have to remove my sway to do it. I used. Lift. I imagine if u lift the car enough u wont have to remove the sway

AKEP
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
yup

AttarixEp
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Easiest way. Remove the away bar bushings and end links. Take the away bar out. Install it from the bottom. Otherwise the heater hoses get in th way. So you can drain the coolant and scratch a ton of stuff. Or take the time from the start and remove the couple extra parts.

lemonhead228
12-17-2012, 11:09 AM
If you don't have access to a lift this is what I did to make it fit. Really tight squeeze.

First I jacked the front all the way up and two stands on the side. Couldn't do it cuz the rh was hitting the ground.

Drop it back down and jack only the driver side all the way up. Loosen the sway bushing and wobble/squeeze it in. Good luck and hope this helps