PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with HONDATA

JEDI-SI
01-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Any word on the HONDATA FOR our cars.....taking so long!!

ssvr6
01-12-2003, 12:11 AM
S E A R C H... it's one hell of a tool. :)

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6955

Steve

TrippZ
01-12-2003, 10:43 AM
lol January 17th itll be out. From what I hear, you have to send your ECU to them to get it flashed, you can't go to a local place to get it done.

Please tell me if I'm wrong!

Gibhunter
01-12-2003, 11:54 AM
You're right. You have to send your ECU and one key to them and then they flash it and send it back to you. For the time inbetween you can't use your car. The whole thing takes about 3 business days.

02SiHB
01-12-2003, 08:10 PM
What does that mean? "flashing" it? Please explain.

ssvr6
01-12-2003, 09:16 PM
They take your stock ECU and "flash" a new program on it. In laymens terms, they're reprogramming your ECU.

Steve

ALCT
01-12-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
They take your stock ECU and "flash" a new program on it. In laymens terms, they're reprogramming your ECU.

Steve
and how much gain or what do I get for how much approximately?

cryptic02si
01-13-2003, 12:36 AM
I've got a question about the key. I know why we have to send in the key, but my wife and I both drive our car each with our own key, so , do i need to send both keys or what? When reflashed is the ecu reprogramed if you will to my key or are the keys altered to word with the ecu? Hope that is clear enough .Thanks

SiRman
01-13-2003, 01:59 AM
Off Hondata Website:

The K series ECU, in order to be reprogramed must have a functioning immobilizer system. Three items must be sent to Hondata: the ECU, the ignition key and the immobiliser.

Research guys!Research!

And to answer before someone asks the immobiliser is in your steering column.

Pictures here:http://www.hondata.com/k20removeecu.html

Gibhunter
01-13-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by cryptic02si
I've got a question about the key. I know why we have to send in the key, but my wife and I both drive our car each with our own key, so , do i need to send both keys or what? When reflashed is the ecu reprogramed if you will to my key or are the keys altered to word with the ecu? Hope that is clear enough .Thanks

No, you just need to send one key. I'm nut sure exactly how it works, but Hondata says that only one key is needed. Then once you put your ecu back in your car and start it with the key that was sent to Hondata, the second key will work automatically.

cbecker333
01-13-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Gibhunter

No, you just need to send one key. I'm nut sure exactly how it works, but Hondata says that only one key is needed. Then once you put your ecu back in your car and start it with the key that was sent to Hondata, the second key will work automatically.

Thats because the key has a transponder in it. When the immobilizer bounces a radio signal off the key, the key transmits back some sort of ID or serial number. The same serial number is used for both keys.

hamproof
01-13-2003, 08:38 AM
On Audi 1.8T engine, goapr.com (http://www.goapr.com) allowed for switching bet. different program. Stock, chipped, Octane specific, race etc. programming using the cruise control stalk.

It would be really neat if Hondata does the same thing. Obviously the programs will be charged. At least from what I've read and gather so far, there's no physical change to the chip since it is programmable. On Audi chips, you have to physically remove the chip and put in a new one (the dealers I mean).

Gibhunter
01-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by cbecker333

Thats because the key has a transponder in it. When the immobilizer bounces a radio signal off the key, the key transmits back some sort of ID or serial number. The same serial number is used for both keys.

That would make sense. Only it's not by radio waves but rather when the key is in the iginition. That's why they tell not to get the key wet as it could mess up the signal if it's wet and in the ignition.