PDA

View Full Version : Energy Suspension Hyperflex Kit

monjarassi
12-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Got me an early xmas gift from a buddy of mine who sold his ep3 which i put work in while his build and was the one there all the time through good and bad times he had with his car.

Trying to get feedback from users with it and im going to pretty much only use the front L/R control arm bushings only till the rears are actually needed for replacement. Come on ephatchers chime in

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8488/8280310432_cd76f314aa_z.jpg

27rocks
12-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Just replace all of them! I mean why not??? It's an upgrade from stock. I too thought about doing this to my car but replacing everything i can. I passed cause my car is a dd now and i really dont want to put any more $$ in it more then i need too lol.

civicSIracer
12-28-2012, 08:26 AM
the front control arm bushings are so fucking stiff you will never want to work on the front again.. giant pain in the ass to get in and good fucking luck getting the ball joint back in the arm. seriously im a tech at Acura and i had to hang off a pry bar to get the arm down while another tech pushed the knuckle up to get the joint together. dont do it.. its not a race car

1GR8EP3
12-28-2012, 09:04 AM
I did the energy suspension master kit on my EP and it was one of the best upgrades that I did (along with the motor mounts). The car just felt tighter and it took away alot of wheel hop.

You will have your work cut out for you though when it comes to getting the old bushings out, we torched and cut the old ones out. Then cleaned em up and pressed in the new bushings. We also had the ball joint removal tool from Honda which helped, maybe I got lucky not having to use pry bars but every car is different in one way or another.

tinman5
12-28-2012, 10:18 AM
If you dont mind my asking, are the control arm bushings the older one piece design or are they two piece? I installed the kit on my S13 almost 10 years ago and it was a royal pain to install the one piece bushings even with a press and sleeves. A frien bought the same kit last year and to my surprise a lot if the bushings were two piece. Muuuuuch easier to install.
As stated already, it is going to be some work to install the kit and ultimately, only you can decide if it us a worthwhile upgrade. Me, I am all fir replacing 10 year old bushings. I also prefer to pick up an extra set of control arms via salvage yards or Craigslist and install the new bushings leisurely rather than risk screwing myself on downtime.
Thats just me though.

lemonhead228
12-31-2012, 12:09 AM
Just replace all of them! I mean why not??? It's an upgrade from stock. I too thought about doing this to my car but replacing everything i can. I passed cause my car is a dd now and i really dont want to put any more $$ in it more then i need too lol.

yea i agree. this will dramatically reduce body roll and handling is really responsive. My bro-in-law has them on his car and it drives top notch. Im gonna do the master kit later down the road also.