PDA

View Full Version : bushings...

Powers
12-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Looking to pick up energy suspension bushings :mcool: Question is how hard are they to install? Are they fairly easy or should I leave it to a shop to do?

Ill be installing these with a spec suspension buddy club roll center adjusters rear camber arms ingals front camber bolts and hotchkis front camber plates as well.

SHG_EasyE
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
The rear hub carrier bushings are easy with a home made tool you can put together with stuff from home depot for about $10 or less. The RTA bushings and front LCA bushings will either need to be pressed out or burned with a torch then cut the metal sleeve out of the arm. Probably best to have a shop install the whole kit.

I also recommend against replacing your front compliance bushing with polyurethane. This material is not designed to flex to the extent that it needs to be when used in that application. It is fine however for the rest of the pivots as they rotate in the bushing.

Powers
12-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Ok sweet thanks for the tip on the front compliance bushing. Whats the average a shop will charge for installing the bushings and everything else? A lot of shops down here love to screw us military guys.

ep3colin
12-24-2012, 01:46 AM
i just paid 18 a bushing X4, think it was just over 80 doll hairs with tax

Blah1219
12-24-2012, 07:37 AM
Ok sweet thanks for the tip on the front compliance bushing. Whats the average a shop will charge for installing the bushings and everything else? A lot of shops down here love to screw us military guys.

Make it easy on yourself by doing half the work. If you're talking about the front LCA bushings, take off the LCA, then go to a shop for them to press out the old, press in the new. Then install it yourself. So all in all, you're just paying for the machine work.

SHG_EasyE
12-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Make it easy on yourself by doing half the work. If you're talking about the front LCA bushings, take off the LCA, then go to a shop for them to press out the old, press in the new. Then install it yourself. So all in all, you're just paying for the machine work.

Yeah this.... And if you really wanted to you could do those rear hub carrier bushings too. Most shops charge 80-100 an hour so say 90x2 hours I would expect to pay around $200 if you bring them the parts off the car.

Powers
12-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Ok and obviously a alignment. Thanks a bunch guys I appreciate it.