PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust System for k24a2

klik
12-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Im almost ready to buy a k24a2 motor:mbiggrin:, maybe in late january when tax return is in lol. Anyways what i have now for the swap is kpro, crv passenger mount, ep axelback muffler (i want it to be quite), 04 rsx s midpipe, and intake. I might have extra $ by the time i get the motor for race header and exhaust system, as of now i have my eyes on the obx rh and megan midpipe and those will bolt on to my axelback. My question is would the 2.25 diameter megan pipe be too small for the k24? would a 2.5 or even 3 inch make a difference? what midpipe would you guys recommend? i did not want to stay with the rsx s midpipe since i heard its only 2 inch. Thanks

03Si757
12-29-2012, 11:38 AM
it will all depend on what you want to achieve. all the exhaust will work just fine but if you want to squeeze every last hp/ft. tq out of the motor, it will all come down to tuning, and when tuning youll want what lets in the most air, gives best fuel and spark, and can get rid of the most exhaust gasses the fastest, it all depends on what you are trying to achieve. Im running a k24 frank, running the PLRH, custom 2.5 exhaust, RBC, CAI and i was dyno tuned at 217/178, numbers whould may have climed within 5hp/3tq but only at the very top with a well put together 3" exhaust. But in my case I felt it wasnt necessary, id rather have nice mid range, but still produce high. I guess what im trying to say is you cant go wrong with either choice, 2.5 or 3, and even the 2.25 exhaust will work fine. But i would recommend upgrading to ATLEAST 2.5 especially if your getting professionally tune, because after all, the proper tune by the proper tuner is what will in the end make the difference.

urthworm
12-29-2012, 01:32 PM
2.5 or 3. I would say 3 all the way but its kinda loud.

klik
12-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks i guess ill find a 2.5 system then

lemonhead228
12-31-2012, 12:03 AM
yea 2.5 for sure if you dont want it to be loud but also have good power. but if you planning to turbo down the road go 3' with 2 resonators.

klik
12-31-2012, 11:40 PM
Cool i was thinking about the ebay rsx s catback exhaust for $110 shipped and the PLM race header. And maybe add another resonator on top of it to be quieter. Will the stock axel back be still good with the 2.5 piping?

lemonhead228
01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
I'm not to sure about the eBay exhaust. Heard some stories bout them rusting. But the stock axle back should still be good with it. Just bring it to a local exhaust shop to get it fitted.

ep3hatchvcp
01-08-2013, 12:03 PM
if your gonna do it go with super power skunk 2 mega power exhaust flow nice but might be louder than you are looking for