PDA

View Full Version : HAHA For not looking under car. + EM2 Front sway install results

cyllarus
01-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Funny story I thought I'd share.

I recently turned to improving the handling of the car. Goal is to be able to put down the best FWD times at the local Auto-X

After reading the stickes here and on Club EP3 i decided the best place to START would be with a new, stiffer rear sway, and an Em2 front sway.

So bought a RSX-s rear sway (21MM) from CRSX, and went to a local u-pull it and found a em2 (15MM) sway for 25$ (YAY)

After coming home i took off the rear sway that was on the car, and as i pulled the bushings off the rear sway i saw the little text "22MM" stamped into the rubber

:doh:

so apparently i already had the CTR rear sway.. wow, so glad i spent the money on the RSX-S one. BTW the bar i bought is now up for sale in the WTS Forum.

I did however install the Em2 Front sway. For those considering this mod here are some installation notes:

Does clear a k24 swap with ITR header
Required me to re-position the bracket that holds the shift cables against the body
otherwise a direct bolt in

Even though i already had the CTR rear sway, the Em2 front sway makes a very noticeable difference. The front bites harder, and holds more grip. There is less wheel-spin when i get on the power during corner.

Besides my BBK this is the best bang for the buck mod so far.

Ba82Ep3
01-02-2013, 10:10 PM
What year EM2? If i remember correctly there are two different front swaybars for the EM2. It so happened when i was goin thru all this years ago i bought the wrong one.

I solved it by snagging the Hotchkis swaybar set. *BAM*

For those that run front barless... keep in mind the excessive wear youre putting on your compliance bushings in the LCA's. IMO you should always run a front bar...

Zzyzx
01-03-2013, 09:32 AM
cyllarus, whats your alignment setup like?

cyllarus
01-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Ba8 - Correct the 01-02 Em2 runs a 25.4 hollow sway. The 03+ em2 runs a 15MM solid sway. I got the 15MM one.
* note: i wonder if the 25.4 hollow is the same as the stock ep3 bar.. hrmmm

Agreed on always running SOME sort of bar up front.

The Em2 bar is pretty skinny / flexible, i cant see it providing more than ~100 LBS force under hard loads.

ZZYX : i BELIVE my current alignment is 1* neg camber F/R stock toe all around.

I will probably run 3.5 / 1.5 neg camber for track events, and then switch back to stock

(car makes 2 100 mile commutes per week )

poeticfinesse21
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Sell both rear sway bars and get a cusco 25mm rear sway bar :mwink:

Zzyzx
01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
split the difference, run -2.5 on the nose and leave the rear where it is(maybe drop it down a little). Ran that for several years as a DP setup for street & autocross with little extra wear.

cyllarus
01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Sounds reasonable, Will give it a try.

cyllarus
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Took it to get aligned today, camber adjustment maxed out at 1 deg.
Have only 1 eccentric bolt in there right now, so will have to swap the other in next time i have the wheels off.

Was running 0 camber before, so even 1 deg should show an improvement. Will see at the autox tomorrow...