PDA

View Full Version : *KPro Price Drop*

Ba82Ep3
01-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Its my understanding that KPro is now available for $695! I just saw it on FB (KMod i think) so i dont have a link but shop around before you spend dem hard earned dollas fellas!

thedvlsh1
01-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Its my understanding that KPro is now available for $695! I just saw it on FB (KMod i think) so i dont have a link but shop around before you spend dem hard earned dollas fellas!

"As of Jan 2 2012, all K-Pro products have dropped in price. K-Pro III now retails for $695." --> http://www.hondata.com/index.html

Ba82Ep3
01-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Thanx bawse! :thumbu:

1GR8EP3
01-04-2013, 01:08 AM
WOW!!! To the noobs no more excuses lol jk

superchargedk20
01-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Way to be a year late :)

thedvlsh1
01-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Way to be a year late :)

WOW!!! To the noobs no more excuses lol jk

Based on the chatter on other forums, I believe Hondata mistyped the year when they recently updated their home page; rumor is they dropped the price in order to compete with KTuner, which is soon to be released.

Ba82Ep3
01-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Yep. Typo. Ive seen it for $649 already! Makes me wanna send mine in for an upgrade now...

superchargedk20
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Any info on ktuner? I fucking hate hondata. If I didn't have kpro I would look into ktuner

McTaggart34
01-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I can deal this is change :)

Ba82Ep3
01-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Dunno crap about KTuner. Why dontcha like Hondata?

superchargedk20
01-04-2013, 03:13 PM
They have horrible customer service. there all a bunch of assholes. I pray my kpro never goes bad

thedvlsh1
01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Any info on ktuner?

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109907

Ba82Ep3
01-04-2013, 03:40 PM
They have horrible customer service. there all a bunch of assholes. I pray my kpro never goes bad

LOL! True that. Im glad there are more options coming to the market. It will force them to be a little more respectful of their customer base.

superchargedk20
01-04-2013, 03:43 PM
I just dont get in a business why there such douche bags. Customer service should be top priority

Tnhatch03
01-04-2013, 05:47 PM
the customer service went bad when kpro became huge...

i remember calling Hondata when it first came out and spoke with Doug (the owner)... he was a really nice guy... the other guy is a DICK!!

Silva
01-04-2013, 07:23 PM
AWESOME. I just got paid today.... Hmmmmmm Kpro or visa bill? :mtongue:

And does anyone know a kpro vendor and a good tuner in Canada? Toronto to be specific?

kaotik78
01-05-2013, 04:43 AM
All but entirely unimpressed with Hondata. Terrible customer service and horrid attitudes. Why put your car in someone elses hands when things go wrong, your at the mercy of Hondata for repairs.

tinman5
01-05-2013, 08:22 AM
I am actually surprised it has taken this long. Cobb or any other foreign tuners could have a nice, profitable piece of market here in the states.

Silva
01-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Well i thought if i go with a vendor it would be easier to deal with hondata through them instead of having to deal with hondata by myself :shrug:
maybe i'll wait it out and see what Ktuner is all about :shady:

Her-Name's-Ally
01-05-2013, 02:46 PM
waiting for ktuner. Only thing im worried about is that noone will know shi about it.

Silva
01-05-2013, 03:59 PM
I wonder how long until there is a thread about it... how much does Ktuner go for by the way?
sorry for the mini thread jack lol

tinman5
01-05-2013, 05:50 PM
I wonder how long until there is a thread about it... how much does Ktuner go for by the way?
sorry for the mini thread jack lol

To my understanding, still cheaper than Kpro's new lower price. Which should have been Kpro's selling price to begin with. I have never had to pay more than $595 for ecu/software upgrades for any of my cars and I'll be damned if Hondata is getting that kind of money, from me at least. Granted a seller can ask whatever they want, whatever they can get from the consumer, thats a good bit. I am not mad at them. Take what you can get.
That being said I will be going with the Ktuner. Not just because it's more cost effective, but because the starting price is fair. How one company has monopolized a market for so long, profited so much still baffles me.

Silva
01-06-2013, 12:36 AM
I was always shocked that kpro was so much.... at least i wasn't going crazy when i thought it was inflation.
Can't wait to see what people are saying about Ktuner, I'm gunna check day and night till I here all good things about it... Then i'll jump on that lol.

tinman5
01-06-2013, 01:02 AM
I checked out tge hrtuning website and the NepTune RTP setup lists at $399 while the RTP+LC1 lists at $560 . If someone more knowledgeable wants to check that out and chime in that would be more helpful than my caveman ass trying to give proper input.

Yeah, that is a muuuuch more reasonable selling price.

superchargedk20
01-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Any links or info on ktuner?

Ba82Ep3
01-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Locals seem to dig Neptune (B and D series)... honestly it reminds me a lot of KPro. But then again, how many different ways can you write engine management software?

Maybe i got my KPro so early on i missed a lot of the nightmare you guys have endured with Hondata. Ive never had an issue (knock on KManagers daughterboard), and feel the software is more than functional for our usual needs. Do you guys have beef with the software too, or just Hondatas apparent "God complex" for sitting at the top of the market for so long?

tinman5
01-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Me, personally, the God complex.
If there is one thing history has shown is that competition breeds excellence. If I was the only game in town I could charge what I wanted, treat my customers how so ever they got treated and would not worry about customer issues and complaints. But if one or two other guys across town were in the same game? Well I likes me some money. I would have to offer something better, different than the other guys. Give you more for your money. Treat you better than the other guy so when you move onto something newer ir different or your friends are looking to upgrade, your gonna say "Buy from tinman at My 39.99 Automotive, he's the tits"
Honestly, outside of a brand spanking new ECU/management system like a Haltec or AEM, I am not paying a grand for a modified stock ECU. Flashes, daughter boards and chips for other makes and models do not exceed $600. You can load it with all the fluff in the world but Kpro is nothing more than that. Your stock ECU + and for 90% of the end users thats all you need.
I have seen the spec sheet for Kpro and there is a lot of stuff in there I will never use. Why then charge me for it? All of the sudden they can knock $400 off their selling price? Why not an incremental drop over the years? Anybody buy Kpro over the holidays before this pricing took effect, how do you guys feel about your purchase now?

Silva
01-06-2013, 04:13 PM
I'm happy i didn't rush into it now that they have some competition... Does anyone know if Ktuner has any dealers in Canada?

gtecd20
02-06-2013, 10:54 PM
so pissed i payed 850 for it could of waited couple more months would of saved 150

danito321
02-12-2013, 02:40 PM
I hate how hondata capitalized on ecu modification concerning the k series. It's easy to charge what you want when ou don't have any competition. I don't know about outside the us but here in the states $900 and up is just way too much. Is what kept me out te game. I guess I would charge that much as well if I had no competition. The only reason I would but kpro is that there is reliability because of how Lon it's been around.

Silva
02-12-2013, 06:20 PM
I hate how hondata capitalized on ecu modification concerning the k series. It's easy to charge what you want when ou don't have any competition. I don't know about outside the us but here in the states $900 and up is just way too much. Is what kept me out te game. I guess I would charge that much as well if I had no competition. The only reason I would but kpro is that there is reliability because of how Lon it's been around.

Wait it out and see what Ktuner is all about imo, that's what i'm gunna do :mbiggrin:

danito321
02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Imma definitely wait for it to come out. If it stays cheaper and is basically the same then imma go ktuner. I'm a dad now and can't afford to do all this cool shizz to my car. My wife just sees me paying $900-$1200 for a little computer thingy that only makes my car go from "brrrmmm" to "BrrrrmmmWAAAAAAHHH". Just more noise. So a cheaper alternative would be wonderful.

Silva
02-13-2013, 11:37 PM
Imma definitely wait for it to come out. If it stays cheaper and is basically the same then imma go ktuner. I'm a dad now and can't afford to do all this cool shizz to my car. My wife just sees me paying $900-$1200 for a little computer thingy that only makes my car go from "brrrmmm" to "BrrrrmmmWAAAAAAHHH". Just more noise. So a cheaper alternative would be wonderful.

LOL i'm in the same bout... just not with a wife just my girlfriend haha

danito321
02-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Man every time I buy something new (I buy a lot of used parts to save money), she asks,"so what... It makes it louder?" Man ktuner needs to get an actual release date.

Silva
02-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Man every time I buy something new (I buy a lot of used parts to save money), she asks,"so what... It makes it louder?" Man ktuner needs to get an actual release date.

Amen to that. I messaged a rep and he seemed kind of blah and just refereed me to the site which has barely any info on it :mcry:

captaingamez
02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
when will we actually be able to install ktuner in our cars?

danito321
02-18-2013, 07:15 PM
No idea. I tried to go on their site but there is no info on a release date. I guess either keep an eye on their Facebook page or website for a release date.

1fasthb
02-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Is the ecu In the ep on the floor board like all other Honda's? Think I'm gunna order kpro this week

danito321
02-27-2013, 11:32 AM
It's behind the glove box... I think.

1fasthb
02-27-2013, 12:30 PM
I found the info in hondata thanks tho, so does the imbolizer still have to be sent in?

HFPcivicSI
02-27-2013, 01:22 PM
I found the info in hondata thanks tho, so does the imbolizer still have to be sent in?

No just your ECU. You get the immobi re-programmed at honda. I have a Kpro'd ECU for sale in the classified section, so you could keep your stock ECU incase you ever went back to stock, or sold it. You swap my kpro'd ecu, and you have instantly, more horsepower, higher red line limit, and access to tons of custom maps. If you have ANY mods done to your car, you really should be running kpro. I paid the $975 for it less than a six months ago.

1fasthb
02-27-2013, 01:43 PM
So how does the immobilizer work? Can you still run and drive the car with out taking it to Honda? And if not what do you tell honda u need done when you take it to them? What does it Usually cost for this as well? Thanks

Edit: nvm some told me that the immobilizer is only for reflashes only