PDA

View Full Version : *Bed Liner Coating INFO*

Ba82Ep3
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Any of you guys used DIY bed liner coatings? I see some are available in auto parts stores, and wonder if any have been used that were loved or hated and why.

I want to use bed liner in my trunk area, and floor pan area where floor mats usually go. I want that textured feel, but that falls second to NEEDING a rock solid and VERY durable finish. I dont mind either brush or spray applications... any input is greatly appreciated!

- Dave

lemonhead228
01-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Any of you guys used DIY bed liner coatings? I see some are available in auto parts stores, and wonder if any have been used that were loved or hated and why.

I want to use bed liner in my trunk area, and floor pan area where floor mats usually go. I want that textured feel, but that falls second to NEEDING a rock solid and VERY durable finish. I dont mind either brush or spray applications... any input is greatly appreciated!

- Dave

haha kinda funny cuz i was thinking about doing this to my eg-si hatch but my purpose was for sound detention. GL on it

mitchlikesbikes
01-08-2013, 12:19 AM
i just got a cherokee so i've been looking into doing this as well.

you get mixed opinions from everyone but from what i've heard monstaliner is the way to go. it's a bit pricey but i've heard almost entirely good things about the product and customer service.

Ba82Ep3
01-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Monstaliner. Havent heard of that one. Thanx for the heads up.

I guess sound deadening would be a benefit as well. Didnt think about that. It would help keep down the rattles in the back from the sub because it would change the metals resonant frequency. Hmmm ill keep that in mind as i apply.

I just wanted to avoid getting that shit that turns gummy and sticky. I want legit DIY bedliner. Ive hit that shit with a hammer before ant it didnt even ding it. So impressive... ; )

mitchlikesbikes
01-08-2013, 07:42 PM
have you read through doug's thread on doing por15/monstaliner in his ep3? pretty cool stuff

Draw7Seven
01-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Yeah Monstaliner is the best. I think the debate is more about whether it's worth the extra cash than which one is the best---everybody in Jeeps knows Monstaliner is the undisputed best, but it's expensive.

mitchlikesbikes
01-08-2013, 10:55 PM
i get the impression that dave is the kind of guy who will spend more for the right stuff though.

Ba82Ep3
01-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I thought Doug used something called Lizardskin? Its been a while since ive read through that thread though. Maybe im thinking of the thread on his Zuki?

I definitely dont mind spending $ where it needs to be spent. Thats one reason my projects usually take the time they do to get finished. Well... that and the time i put into research to make sure im doing/getting what i want.

Thanx for the feedback guys! If you can think of anything else please post up!

mitchlikesbikes
01-08-2013, 11:49 PM
hmmm. i dunno now. perhaps he did use something else.

Ba82Ep3
01-08-2013, 11:52 PM
I dunno... the name just popped in my head when i was thinking back. lol You should see this note pad with scribbled info i have trying to get this damn car how i want it. Arrows and circled words with numbers everywhere... lol Its kinda like my thoughts... :mblush:

Draw7Seven
01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
He actually used both. The lizardskin is a spray on sound deadener whereas the Monstaliner is the bed liner product (it is usually rolled though it can also be sprayed).