PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Magnaflow RACE HEADER INSTALLATION ISSUE

ep393
01-08-2013, 02:12 AM
I decided to install my Skunk2 race headers today and ran into a fitment issue from the headers to the mid piping, it seems like I have to pull my exhaust back like about 6inches in order for the piping to match the headers, btw I have WS2 catback I took off the bushings from the brackets holding the exhaust tip just to see if they will match that way but it still does not match. Do I have to get different piping in order for these headers to fit? Any suggestions would help please and thank you.

gtimportfanatic
01-08-2013, 03:36 AM
you have a DC5 header, therefore you need a DC5 midpipe, thats your bolt on fix, or you can take it to an exhaust shop and have them shorten your midpipe to the length of a DC5 midpipe. i've done both methods, worked fine, i just don't ever run an EP3 midpipe anymore strictly DC5 parts on my EP

ep393
01-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks

you have a DC5 header, therefore you need a DC5 midpipe, thats your bolt on fix, or you can take it to an exhaust shop and have them shorten your midpipe to the length of a DC5 midpipe. i've done both methods, worked fine, i just don't ever run an EP3 midpipe anymore strictly DC5 parts on my EP

ep393
01-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Does it have to be type s or can it be base model?

ep393
01-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Will my WS2 fit the DC5 midpipe?

o2ep3
01-08-2013, 03:56 PM
im using the dc5 skunk2 megapower race header im am using a dc5 mid pipe with a ep axle back. i love this header it has a real nice tone to it, not to mention it feels like it flows alot better than my old dcrh

ep393
01-08-2013, 04:23 PM
I have world sport 2 catback and im wondering if the axle back will fit the DC5 midpipe, what do you think?

im using the dc5 skunk2 megapower race header im am using a dc5 mid pipe with a ep axle back. i love this header it has a real nice tone to it, not to mention it feels like it flows alot better than my old dcrh

o2ep3
01-08-2013, 06:26 PM
if you are able to run the ws2 axle back with your ep3 mid pipe then yes it will bolt up perfect with a dc5 mid pipe.

Reaper27
01-08-2013, 07:16 PM
yup, had the same issue. It took me a bit to figure it out haha but then I was WTF come on man ;-p. Skunk2 really needs to list that in the specs.

ep393
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
How did you solve your issue? I'm thinking about having my WS2 midpipe shortened instead of having to buy another midpipe.

yup, had the same issue. It took me a bit to figure it out haha but then I was WTF come on man ;-p. Skunk2 really needs to list that in the specs.

Reaper27
01-10-2013, 09:05 AM
The easiest way to do it is to get a new B-pipe (midpipe) and bolt that to your axel back. I've done both ways and it will cost a lot more and take a lot more to to custom fab your existing exhaust like it is and that's if the shop does good work and not ghetto rig it. I use the T1R DC5 midpipe, it's stainless and sounds great. It's like $400 shipped

ep393
01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Did you keep your oem sway bar? Cause I'm having issues with my oem sway bar rattling with my headers.

The easiest way to do it is to get a new B-pipe (midpipe) and bolt that to your axel back. I've done both ways and it will cost a lot more and take a lot more to to custom fab your existing exhaust like it is and that's if the shop does good work and not ghetto rig it. I use the T1R DC5 midpipe, it's stainless and sounds great. It's like $400 shipped

o2ep3
01-25-2013, 06:03 PM
i have run in the past the em 15.2mm front sway and had no rubbing issue with my skunk2 header. i installed dc5 control arms and had to switch to the dc5 front sway bar and had a problem with it hitting the header so i ended up buying corsport adj endlinks and now i have no issues. how do you like your header?

wcmbrk
01-26-2013, 02:36 AM
Got any dyno sheets with the skunk2? I'm in the market for a race header...my comptech shorty just can't keep up...

o2ep3
01-26-2013, 01:32 PM
i have not dyno'd this motor yet maybe this summer i recently put in some skunk2 stage 1 cams and kpro so it feels alright for a a3. but i hope to have my k20a motor in at some point this year

AKEP
01-29-2013, 02:13 AM
i had a muffler shop cut and weld my pipes for about $40. thats 10x cheaper than a t1r midpipe...

anywho, you guys can google around ephatch and see that shorty headers dont make any power, but you can mate them to a megan test pipe, should be cheaper than a race header, i have no idea on gains with that setup but should be a little less than a full race header, and cheaper.

wcmbrk
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
akep...u still live in sac...what race header u running....i vtec killed my motor...and that's why i'm looking at upgrading the comptech shorty/megan test pipe...i need more flow!