PDA

View Full Version : NX kit

BlackSi2002
07-22-2002, 01:17 PM
ok, after i get my intake in, i'm probley going to order a NX kit, what all should i get, i wouldn't mind having the purge, but do i really need it, i'm probley only going to be running the 50 shot, also i want to do it myself, i read so much about nitrous, and about installing it, and i think i can do it, what do you think, should i give a go, or should have someone do it for me, the only thing i'm thinking i might have problems with is t-ing into the fuel line, is it hard to do? thanks for any tips, later.

steven

bioevolve
07-22-2002, 06:45 PM
You don't have to have the purge, but its is good for 1/10th of a second (or is it a 1/100th?) on 1/4 mile, to vent lines of so called "stale gases". Also looks good when doing it (intimidation) but can get expensive if you get purge happy.

So far my installation is going good. That fuel tee, you need to used a hair dryer to help expand the inner plastic liner to get the tee in there without a prob.

But be careful, remember to disconnect battery, relieve the fuel pressure, and watch out how hot you get it.

NX Express import kit 35-50-75 part#: 20923 $465-$600

add-ons:
GenX kit (no purge)$250-$325
GenX2 kit (w/ purge)$300-$450

depending where you buy from.

DamnYo
07-22-2002, 07:39 PM
Don't get a purge kit. It's a waste of money. Like bioevolve said, you save about .1 sec off your 1/4 time.

But for each time you purge you could take another run down the track.