PDA

View Full Version : Center cap transplant possible on an Ep?

ep pilot
01-12-2003, 03:07 PM
I want to order a set of the red (H) logo center caps, basically the ones from the factory Prelude SH 5 spoke wheels for my oem 15" does anyone know if they will fit?

-Ryan

JSIR
01-12-2003, 09:18 PM
I've been after some Red H's myself, I thought there were some released for the 99 Si with optional wheels, but my Honda parts guy doesn't know of any.

I think the Prelude ones may fit , worth checking, I can ask my parts guy to look into that, I am sure they have a Prelude kicking around there somewhere. As long as they are the same width of center cap they should fit. Probably not cheap knowing Honda, but worth a try.

BarracksSi
01-13-2003, 03:06 PM
What about painting the H's? You'd end up doing the same thing that a shop might charge 40 bucks for...

ep pilot
01-13-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
What about painting the H's? You'd end up doing the same thing that a shop might charge 40 bucks for...

I've never been a fan of painting anything on the car myself, I royally suck at it and feel it grossly reduces the cars overall appeal and value ultimately it would look asinine.

The addition of the oem red (H) caps would give the car an original, yet authentic touch, and only discerning enthusiast would catch that they are not designated for the Ep.

Moreover I had '99 Si wheels on my '91 LS Integra, I swapped Honda center caps for Acura caps, and almost everyone though they were stock Integra wheels.

-Ryan

spoon3168
01-14-2003, 09:35 AM
prelude cente cap won't fit at all..they r too big for the stock rims..

Silvershadow
01-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Those center caps could be as much as $$$$$$25 BUCKS a piece.As far as painting it You won't match the quality of the Honda ones.It's a beautiful cap.L@@k @ it closely.

JSIR
01-15-2003, 03:16 PM
I had a look at a set today and like mentioned above they appear to be much bigger on the Prelude, I didn't take any measurements but they do look larger, doubt they fit.