PDA

View Full Version : Suspension problem(s) Gurus gtfih

Passenger
01-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Not going to go into all the details but extremely long story short, my car is making all kinds of shitty noises, from the right rear sectionof the car.
1) The bushing on my coilover is tilted or cocked to one side (I'm assuming its blown, and plan on getting new coils anyway)
2) The same part or piece makes all kinds of shitty noises on bumps, makes the car bounce (just confirming that it's blown)
3) The right rear trailing arm that is suppose to have a couple of inches of clearance from the rim, doesn't. its literaly rubbing the rim and scratching it all to hell and back making more noises, especially during left hand turns or corners
4) with the car raised up, the right rear wheel can be wobbled and has a good inch or two of give/play.

Thanks in advanced for the help

speedooo
01-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Have you tried tightening the bolt holding the hub to the spindle...

Zzyzx
01-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Sounds like the wheel bearing is shot. (as far as being able to wobble the wheel while its off the ground)

Fixing that should be priority #1 right now.

Passenger
01-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Sounds like the wheel bearing is shot. (as far as being able to wobble the wheel while its off the ground)

Fixing that should be priority #1 right now.

Word.
Any reason why the trailing arm or whatever it's called would be rubbing against the rim?

Passenger
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Have you tried tightening the bolt holding the hub to the spindle...
No, no garage and no tools. I'll see what I can do this weekend though.

speedooo
01-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Word.
Any reason why the trailing arm or whatever it's called would be rubbing against the rim?

Well if the wheel has 2 inches of wobble, I think you answered your own question...

First make sure the nut holding the hub onto the spindle hasn't miraculously come loose over time. If it hasn't, the hub/spindle is damaged. Both are replaceable.

Zzyzx
01-21-2013, 04:20 PM
no definite answers with out poking a head in there and taking a look sadly. could be a bad bushing, could be related to the wheel bearing. .. :shrug:

Draw7Seven
01-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Occam's Razor says to fix the wheel bearing and see if there's still an issue. With some luck you're only looking at multiple symptoms of the same problem.

Good luck buddy, and good to see you on here.

Passenger
01-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Well if the wheel has 2 inches of wobble, I think you answered your own question...

First make sure the nut holding the hub onto the spindle hasn't miraculously come loose over time. If it hasn't, the hub/spindle is damaged. Both are replaceable.

no definite answers with out poking a head in there and taking a look sadly. could be a bad bushing, could be related to the wheel bearing. .. :shrug:
Well good, this gives me hope that it's just one issue instead of a handful. I appreciate the help fellas, I'll keep this updated whenever I get it in the process of fixing it.

Occam's Razor says to fix the wheel bearing and see if there's still an issue. With some luck you're only looking at multiple symptoms of the same problem.

Good luck buddy, and good to see you on here.
Look at you all modded up and stuff, good job. Yeah man it's been awhile since I've been on here, eph definitely makes me want to start throwing some money at the ep again. Not sure how much this'll cost me but thankfully tax season will help me out some.