PDA

View Full Version : TypeR's cheaper in UK!?

Waldo129
01-21-2013, 02:20 PM
I was thinking today while browsing craigslist.. Does the UK have a craigslist? Yes they do, but you won't find a damn thing lol. They use Gumtree.com

So getting to the point, I found heaven.. A ton of Type R's everywhere! Relatively cheap too?

I'm using a currency calculator along with Gumtree.com and the prices are nuts! Of course your going to have a few that's been beaten down, but some are in pretty good shape!

Check it out!

http://www.gumtree.com/search?q=Type+R&search_location=London&category=all

Silva
01-21-2013, 05:24 PM
Importing would be the biggest pain in the ass... It already takes so much just to get a car from USA to Canada or the opposite. I couldn't even imagine what it would take on top to get it certified etc... not to mention they will rob you blind for a right hand drive car... I'd rather swap in a type r engine and add on some body pieces but that's just my .02

Draw7Seven
01-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah the expense is the import.

15000rpms
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
i don't remember well, but I don't think you can import a car from the UK. I think that's why i gave up my hopes for the UK ep3 and other non-classic japanese cars. Type r can be had for about 8k and imported to be around 13k if its possible. The next person in power should lift that ban and dissmiss the EPA.

15000rpms
01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
can you guys believe it? places like africa are taking those nice cars into their country.

Waldo129
01-22-2013, 06:03 AM
I'm not interested in importing anyways. I was just kind of shocked at how decently priced Type R's are over there. Maybe if I had a ton of money and a car collection, but there's no point.

EUB44
01-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Importing car from Europe is $1,500. That`s just the shipping, I don`t know about the other charges to register car in here.

Waldo129
01-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Importing car from Europe is $1,500. That`s just the shipping, I don`t know about the other charges to register car in here.

Don't you have to replace all glass to US spec when importing a car from Asian country's? I'm sure there is much more than just glass, but still, could you image the cost of that alone?

Silva
01-22-2013, 11:41 AM
not matter how you put it all the expenses will add up fast.

mitchlikesbikes
01-22-2013, 04:28 PM
the UK type R only had the k20a2 anyway. if you're going to bother importing one it would be way more feasible to get a japanese one.

MajorJones
01-22-2013, 11:46 PM
the UK type R only had the k20a2 anyway. if you're going to bother importing one it would be way more feasible to get a japanese one.

Ouch, to someone who has a boosted k20a2 swap.

Anyways, I'm down with Silva just swap motors and exterior goodies and call it a day. Even RHD it if your really wanting the full type R experience. I have always wondered, where would my car be if i already had the swap and full type r exterior from the beginning.

mitchlikesbikes
01-23-2013, 12:33 AM
i'm not saying the k20a2 is bad. just that the k20a2 isn't hard to find here. so there's nothing really special about the UK type r..

Silva
01-23-2013, 08:24 AM

Anyways, I'm down with Silva just swap motors and exterior goodies and call it a day. Even RHD it if your really wanting the full type R experience. I have always wondered, where would my car be if i already had the swap and full type r exterior from the beginning.

You would probably be almost done before you even started haha

EUB44
01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
As I said I was just talking about shipping cost. Anyway like mitchlikesbikes said. Why would you want to import European Typer ? You find k20a2 in here.

15000rpms
01-23-2013, 06:40 PM

you would not be wasting money on making it type r and the extra money can be spent else where.