PDA

View Full Version : EP3 to RSX full exhaust?

Silva
01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Just saw an add on clubrsx for a KIDD header and HKS exhaust which is EXACTLY the set-up I want right now... AND it's actually in Canada :nervous:

So the question is, will this be a direct bolt on? From what I have read the piping is different lengths all over the place but the overall length should be fine if a full RSX set up is used?

Thanks for the help :mbiggrin:

USAF EP3
01-23-2013, 09:29 PM
You can bolt everything up just fine, the only thing you need to make note of is the axle back portion. The RSX axle back is a few inches longer and it will stick out on the EP a little when you fit it on. I know this because I bought the RSX specific Skunk2 megapower RR (2.99" pipe) to use with my turbo setup.

Draw7Seven
01-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Exactly. You can have 2 inches or so cut out and rewelded, or you can just deal with a little poke in the back (some ladies like that).

speedooo
01-24-2013, 07:16 AM
Just need a little section trimmed before the rear lca, the main difference is in the ep3/base rsx header which you won't have an issue with if you run the appropriate exhaust/header combo

Silva
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
alright sounds good enough for me.
I don't mind a couple inches, I can easily get the trimmed at this custom/fab exhaust place by my house. Thanks guys :mbiggrin:

AKEP
01-29-2013, 02:17 AM
the hangers on the axle back and the tip will be all fucked up. the midpipe will bolt up to the header just fine, the axle back is longer by quite a bit frrom what i've seen. muffler shop should be able to get it to fit for cheap.

Silva
01-29-2013, 08:20 AM
the hangers on the axle back and the tip will be all fucked up. the midpipe will bolt up to the header just fine, the axle back is longer by quite a bit frrom what i've seen. muffler shop should be able to get it to fit for cheap.

Ya that's what I was thinking. There is a great shop by my house that everyone that needs a fix goes to called hot rod scotts. Fixed by beaters exhaust in like 30-45 minutes and replaced the entire mid pipe for 170 and that's including labor and parts. It would be way cheaper for a small cut and weld so no big strain on my wallet.