PDA

View Full Version : Debadge question

Silva
01-31-2013, 06:41 PM
Thinking of removing the badges off the back of the car as the paint is chipped and it just looks butt ugly and maybe the front while i'm at it.
So a few quick questions... there was a DIY but no picture and the verbal just doesn't give me enough clarification.

1) Is the rear just glued on? or will it leave holes?
2) Are the pins on the front emblem easy to take off?
3) How hard would it be to re install the emblems in the future?

Thanks in advance for the input :mwink:

Draw7Seven
01-31-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm pretty sure the rear "H" will leave holes but not positive. All the other badges (Civic, Si, Euro flag, whatever) are just adhesive and can be removed to reveal paint.

Reinstalling the emblems depends on how carefully you uninstall them. I generally try to damage the badge rather than the car when I debadge, so I end up making them less attractive. You could always order brand new badges at a cost, or keep them in good condition, clean off the old crap off the old adhesive and use some hardcore 3M to reapply them.

dble0
01-31-2013, 07:31 PM
No holes on the rear Si. I just put my reds on. There is somebody on here that has a grill with out the holes. Idk where he bought it but I can ask.

Draw7Seven
01-31-2013, 08:01 PM
One of the most famous pics of an EP (cosmic gray out in UK on a forest road) is shopped to make it look like the front has one of those grills, lol.

But they do exist yeah.

Silva
01-31-2013, 09:49 PM
oh okay awesome, I'm switching to red H's and take the other badges off. Just bought them off another member :mwink:
But ya I just wanna do the front and rear SiR and civic emblem, good to know it's not gunna leave holes.
Thanks guys :mbiggrin:

b_ron
01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Be careful. Mine turned out butt ugly.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k80/lbkiml/EP3/0815111722.jpg

I had to get some goo gone and small touchup paint. Better, but still noticeable from close.

Silva
01-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Be careful. Mine turned out butt ugly.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k80/lbkiml/EP3/0815111722.jpg

I had to get some goo gone and small touchup paint. Better, but still noticeable from close.

Ya, I have goo gone at my work and it worked like a charm on some lame stickers that were on the car previously. I think It won't be as noticeable either since it's in SSM

tinman5
02-01-2013, 08:09 PM
For the front I would advise you take the path I did. Order a badgeless grille from Ebay and hit it up with a few coats of bumper/trim rattle can paint. The stock grille does not take to de-badging as the main emblem sits on a raised holder and the smaller Si badge leaves a small section of flat tiles in the mesh. Looks awful with no badges.
Mines us going strong after 2 and a half years. Probably touch up the paint again after summer though.

Silva
02-02-2013, 12:00 AM
For the front I would advise you take the path I did. Order a badgeless grille from Ebay and hit it up with a few coats of bumper/trim rattle can paint. The stock grille does not take to de-badging as the main emblem sits on a raised holder and the smaller Si badge leaves a small section of flat tiles in the mesh. Looks awful with no badges.
Mines us going strong after 2 and a half years. Probably touch up the paint again after summer though.

Interesting, good to know. Only thing is I want a red H on the front? did u have one mounted up or full badgeless at the front?

tinman5
02-02-2013, 03:38 AM
I discovered this by inconvenience. Some punk tried to steal the front emblem which ended up leaving it broken all to hell. I figured I would just go badgeless by simply removing the little mounting base. As it would happen, the mesh turns into a blank spot where the base is mounted. Looks like total ass without the little mounting base. I quick search on my sometimes savior Ebay, $38 and four days later, viola!! A proper, allbeit kinda flimsy looking, badgeless mesh grille appears at my front door. And I mean flimsy compared to the factory grille which is pretty substantial with the dual pattern mesh, but it is more than adequate.
As far as using the red H on the stock grill I always thought the small 02/03 badge was to small and the large 04/05 was waaaay to big for the US grill mounting base. I could be wrong though. I see pictures of guys running the Mugen grills and the red badges just look smaller than the US version. There are a few pictures I have seen with this ginormous red H and there is no way that monster will fit our grilles. But there is a kid driving around locally with a red H up front that looks to be about right so obviously somewhere in this world the right size badge is out there.
Sorry about the long reply, I'm all hopped up pecan pancakes and ice cold milk. Damn good stuff this early.

Silva
02-02-2013, 12:09 PM
I discovered this by inconvenience. Some punk tried to steal the front emblem which ended up leaving it broken all to hell. I figured I would just go badgeless by simply removing the little mounting base. As it would happen, the mesh turns into a blank spot where the base is mounted. Looks like total ass without the little mounting base. I quick search on my sometimes savior Ebay, $38 and four days later, viola!! A proper, allbeit kinda flimsy looking, badgeless mesh grille appears at my front door. And I mean flimsy compared to the factory grille which is pretty substantial with the dual pattern mesh, but it is more than adequate.
As far as using the red H on the stock grill I always thought the small 02/03 badge was to small and the large 04/05 was waaaay to big for the US grill mounting base. I could be wrong though. I see pictures of guys running the Mugen grills and the red badges just look smaller than the US version. There are a few pictures I have seen with this ginormous red H and there is no way that monster will fit our grilles. But there is a kid driving around locally with a red H up front that looks to be about right so obviously somewhere in this world the right size badge is out there.
Sorry about the long reply, I'm all hopped up pecan pancakes and ice cold milk. Damn good stuff this early.

Well hopefully it fits... If not oh well lol

maksym
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Civic and Si emblems are glued on in the back, the H in the back is glued but also has pins, front H i pinned as well as glued on, but it may depend, and the Si emblem on the grill is pinned. After you take off the emblems in most cases it would be hard to put them back on, but a few have done it, just leave badgeless, just leave the H's. Looks better in my opinion.

Silva
02-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Civic and Si emblems are glued on in the back, the H in the back is glued but also has pins, front H i pinned as well as glued on, but it may depend, and the Si emblem on the grill is pinned. After you take off the emblems in most cases it would be hard to put them back on, but a few have done it, just leave badgeless, just leave the H's. Looks better in my opinion.

Ya that's what I am planning on doing... Just red H's lol :mbiggrin:

j.lai
02-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Heat gun or hair dryer and dental floss. The dental floss helps to get between the badge and glue when the emblem is hot, I did have some issues using the dental floss for the rear H though, but had no problems for the civic and si emblems. Make sure you have goo gone or some rubbing compound with some elbow grease to get rid of some of the glue left on the car.

I believe both the H's will leave holes on the car when the emblem is missing, I remember having to snap off the pin that sticks out on the front H because I have a replica mugen grill which has no hole.

Silva
02-25-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm leaving red H's in haha