PDA

View Full Version : Used motor mounts worth it?

Silva
02-04-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm putting on a KRH and i wanted motor mounts just to reduce the wheel hop and I saw this add
>>>> http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=850287

seem like a good price? and is that little bit of surface rust going to be a major issue? input appreciated as I will save money if these are worth the buy
:mbiggrin:

captaingamez
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
thats not a bad price, used should be fine, but you should be fine, you can purchase new inserts IIRC, I have all 4 mounts from Drop engineering, which is pretty similar, but I think the drop has a slightly better design.

I have the Avid passenger mount however, which kicks the crap out of all the other passenger mounts.

Silva
02-04-2013, 11:58 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about avid and the are what like 250-ish new? how does innovative stack up in comparison?

captaingamez
02-05-2013, 12:31 AM
you can get the set of 3 for 200 on ebay, I bought just the passenger mount like 2 years ago, and it is still in great condition, I have at least 70k miles on it.

I think back then the full set was like 300, and I paid 135 for just the passenger. worth every penny, in fact some of the best money I spent on my car.

Silva
02-05-2013, 09:10 AM
you can get the set of 3 for 200 on ebay, I bought just the passenger mount like 2 years ago, and it is still in great condition, I have at least 70k miles on it.

I think back then the full set was like 300, and I paid 135 for just the passenger. worth every penny, in fact some of the best money I spent on my car.

Good to hear, I'm thinking it's one of the more important supporting mods so I just don't wanna be cheaping out on it.