PDA

View Full Version : Check engine light can't rev past 4k

Powers
02-05-2013, 04:21 PM
My check engine light just came on and it feels like I hit the rev limiter at 4k.

I do have kpro as well. Is this lean protection? Of so how to I clear it?

Also I was getting on it last time I drove. If that helps. I might have bounced the rev limiter once in first gear racing a eg

MajorJones
02-05-2013, 05:52 PM
It's in limp mode. Check you error codes to see whats wrong.

Powers
02-06-2013, 10:40 AM
I haven't got the code yet but I'm 99.9% sure it's the secondary o2 sensor. The clip that holds its wire up tight to the body broke off and the wire looks frayed.

maksym
02-06-2013, 04:11 PM
I think it would be the primary sensor. But gotta check the codes. Could be either or.

Powers
02-08-2013, 09:13 AM
I put in the new o2 and read the codes. There are no codes but the check engine lights still on. It runs fine like a champ actually.

To get it off should I just disconnect the battery for ten minutes or is that a no no with kpro?

civsirmt
02-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I put in the new o2 and read the codes. There are no codes but the check engine lights still on. It runs fine like a champ actually.

To get it off should I just disconnect the battery for ten minutes or is that a no no with kpro?

you are sure about the codes? something had to happen but yeah doing the battery thing is fine with kpro give it a shot.
GL

Powers
02-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I did the battery reset and it worked no more check engine light. But I'm just curious as to what could cause this. I do have a race header with a vibrant defouler could it just happen every now and then because of that?

jimmyjames
02-13-2013, 04:14 AM
you need to find out the code it throws. there's really nothing else more productive than finding that it. it's called a etc for a reason, diagnostic trouble code. ... and don't reset codes with your battery, it's a waste of time and effort, pull the ecu fuse for 10 seconds instead; much easier.

d0rad0EP3
02-13-2013, 08:30 AM
check motor oil level... same thing happened to me. good luck

Powers
02-13-2013, 10:51 PM
After I did the battery reset it hasn't came back on and the car runs fine. Idk beats me

kep3si
07-26-2013, 01:42 PM
I ran into that as well idk what it was but it would happen every morning when going to work. If I took off right away it would and when I would let my car heat up for a few minutes then go it wouldn't happen. Also when it did do it at the red light what I would do is turn the car off then on and the light would stay but it wouldn't pull back at 4k hasent done it anymore just let my car warm a little before using

mussh
07-26-2013, 03:11 PM
I ran into that as well idk what it was but it would happen every morning when going to work. If I took off right away it would and when I would let my car heat up for a few minutes then go it wouldn't happen. Also when it did do it at the red light what I would do is turn the car off then on and the light would stay but it wouldn't pull back at 4k hasent done it anymore just let my car warm a little before using

whens the last time you checked your oil?

kep3si
07-28-2013, 12:59 AM
I had just done it a week ago or s o

kep3si
07-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Week before problem happened