PDA

View Full Version : Brembo and ITR LCA.

captaingamez
02-06-2013, 04:38 PM
I have been reading ridiculous ammounts of threads on alot of forums, and I can not find an answer to my question about this that is definitive.

all I have gotten is contradictory opinions and nothing I can rely on.

I want brembos and aluminum lca's, I do not want weird offset wheels, ITR axles, or ITR knuckles front or rear.

is this possible and what do I need to do to make it so.

assume that I have already installed a full type S DC5 suspension.

captaingamez
02-07-2013, 12:13 AM
I have still been reading since my first post and dont have anymore answers than I did when I bought my car.

anyone want to shed some light.

USAF EP3
02-07-2013, 01:46 AM
First off, you do not need Type R knuckles to run the front LCA's.

This is my current setup on my car:

ITR Aluminum Front LCA's
RSX Type S Brake calipers/discs
02-04 Type S knuckles/hubs + 36mm Axles
Buddy club ITR spec front Roll Center Adjusters (RCA's) also for 05-06 RSX Type S
ITR Front sway bay + endlinks

The ONLY issue I have is the last time I auto-x the car I snapped the driver side axle. Now I don't know if it's because they were from Advance auto parts and not OEM or if it was because of the longer track of the LCA's and makes the axles spaced out more. Since then I haven't dared to auto-x due to me assuming the latter. I'm waiting to buy a set of DSS ITR spec axles, they're very reasonable pricing at around $300.

ANOTHER THING TO NOTE:

I DIDN'T KNOW that the ball joints are bigger on the ITR for the knuckles AS WELL as the bushing on the LCA. Because of this I needed my local machine shop to machine the hole slightly larger on the 02-04 Type S knuckles to accept the larger balljoint. You have to options to solve this problem. (1) Use 05-06 Type S knuckles and balljoints or (2) Use the smaller ball joints on the 02-04 RSX/02-05 EP3 and swap out the bushing on the LCA.

Or be a boss and do what I did.

captaingamez
02-07-2013, 08:46 AM
type s and base knuckles are the same for 02-04 correct?

but 05-06 have a larger taper on the ball joint correct?

when you say the ball joint is bigger as well as the bushing on the LCA what do you mean by the bushing on the LCA? you mean the compliance bushing? or the pivot bushing? or are you refering to the hole for the taper.

do you also mean that the 05-06 ball joints are physically larger and do not work in the base/type s from 02-04 knuckles?

if I used 05-06 knuckles, how do I get the Brembos on them?

and then theres the question of the rear Brembos.

captaingamez
02-07-2013, 03:58 PM
??

captaingamez
02-09-2013, 09:30 AM
bump

captaingamez
02-09-2013, 09:55 AM
another thing, I would be installing energy suspension pivot and compliance bushings in the aluminium arms as well, do the same compliance and pivot bushings for the si/rsx fit the dc5 type r LCA?

USAF EP3
02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
type s and base knuckles are the same for 02-04 correct?

but 05-06 have a larger taper on the ball joint correct?

when you say the ball joint is bigger as well as the bushing on the LCA what do you mean by the bushing on the LCA? you mean the compliance bushing? or the pivot bushing? or are you refering to the hole for the taper.

do you also mean that the 05-06 ball joints are physically larger and do not work in the base/type s from 02-04 knuckles?

if I used 05-06 knuckles, how do I get the Brembos on them?

and then theres the question of the rear Brembos.

Yes type s and base knuckles are the same for 02-04 and base rsx 05-06. The difference is the hubs becasue obviously the type s uses a 36mm axle.

When I mean the ball joint is physically bigger I mean the taper hole for the ball joint to slide through into the LCA.

05-06 TYPE S balljoints will not work with any other knuckles/LCA other than the ITR parts. The 05-06 base rsx balljoints are the same as the 02-04 base/type s and the EP3.

If you used the 05-06 knuckles the brembos will bolt on..

Rear brembos, I can't help you there.

another thing, I would be installing energy suspension pivot and compliance bushings in the aluminium arms as well, do the same compliance and pivot bushings for the si/rsx fit the dc5 type r LCA?

The pivot and compliance bushings are universal across the board.

captaingamez
02-09-2013, 03:56 PM
I think I understand

so will the struts from 02-04 work directly on 05-06 type s?

and are the jdm type r knuckles the same as the 05-06 type s? in other words could I buy either and use the same axles.

if my understanding is correct, to do it right I need to buy
05-06 type s axles
JDM aluminium LCA
brembos
05-06 type s or JDM dc5 knuckles
rear trailing arm and knuckles.

captaingamez
02-11-2013, 10:40 PM
so I ordered DC5 ITR knuckles, so I need the ITR axles to use the ITR aluminum control arms correct?, and extended ball joints for 05-06 type s, plus the rotors and brembos.

can I use either 05-06 type s brakes or brembos on the JDM ITR knuckles?

will all years of struts work?

captaingamez
02-12-2013, 07:48 AM
bump

USAF EP3
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
so I ordered DC5 ITR knuckles, so I need the ITR axles to use the ITR aluminum control arms correct?, and extended ball joints for 05-06 type s, plus the rotors and brembos.

can I use either 05-06 type s brakes or brembos on the JDM ITR knuckles?

will all years of struts work?

You didn't need to order the ITR knuckles other than the fact that they are including the lower ball joints so they can fit properly inside the aluminum LCA's.

Found this thread for you over at clubrsx. FYI the 04-05 EP3 have the same knuckles as the 02-06 BASE RSX.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=755104

Yes, all years struts will bolt into the chassis upper mounting point and the knuckles. The only difference is the taper hole for the tie rod end, the RSX (all models RSX including ITR) uses larger taper holes on the strut.

captaingamez
02-12-2013, 09:28 PM
I dont need the ball joints anyway, I am going to get extended ones. probably Buddy Club, as I have had mine for near 3 years now.

I have pretty much decided that I am not screwing around, I am going to just go full Type R conversion. next thing I am ordering is the control arms, axles, and full energy suspension kit. I will then concentrate on the rear setup, and the front brembos., last thing I will get are rims

anyone have suggestions for rims that will fit on the ITR swap?

USAF EP3
02-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I dont need the ball joints anyway, I am going to get extended ones. probably Buddy Club, as I have had mine for near 3 years now.

I have pretty much decided that I am not screwing around, I am going to just go full Type R conversion. next thing I am ordering is the control arms, axles, and full energy suspension kit. I will then concentrate on the rear setup, and the front brembos., last thing I will get are rims

anyone have suggestions for rims that will fit on the ITR swap?

I was just trying to save you the hassle of having to source ITR knuckles and paying the premium for them if you could've sourced parts here stateside.

I'm actually planning on buying a set of Brembo from the ITR and they will bolt up directly to my 02-04 type s knuckles. Also the ITR spec axles slide right into my hubs as well. All years Type S and the ITR share the same 36mm axle hub, the only difference is that the ITR axles are longer to compensate for the wider track of the control arms.

As for wheels, you're going to need to play with offset and how much space you have inside your wheel well to find out what wheels you can fit.

captaingamez
02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
I was just trying to save you the hassle of having to source ITR knuckles and paying the premium for them if you could've sourced parts here stateside.

I'm actually planning on buying a set of Brembo from the ITR and they will bolt up directly to my 02-04 type s knuckles. Also the ITR spec axles slide right into my hubs as well. All years Type S and the ITR share the same 36mm axle hub, the only difference is that the ITR axles are longer to compensate for the wider track of the control arms.

As for wheels, you're going to need to play with offset and how much space you have inside your wheel well to find out what wheels you can fit.

well I only paid $75 shipped for the knuckles, I dont think you can get type s ones cheaper
the offset is the one thing I am not looking forward to screwing with, i mean worst case scenario I have to run ITR rims, if i cant find something.

It is remarkable, rather valuable answer
what are you talking about, why do you post here? someone should ban this person, pretty sure they are a spammer.

USAF EP3
03-08-2013, 04:38 PM
well I only paid $75 shipped for the knuckles, I dont think you can get type s ones cheaper
the offset is the one thing I am not looking forward to screwing with, i mean worst case scenario I have to run ITR rims, if i cant find something.

what are you talking about, why do you post here? someone should ban this person, pretty sure they are a spammer.

Hey just found out more information for you.

If you use both the ITR knuckles AND lower control arms you WILL have to use the ITR longer axles. You cannot use the Type S axles because they will hyper extend and you will tear the axles in two during turns with applicable load.

I'm only using the LCA's with Type S knuckles and the extension is about 5mm. The ITR knuckles add the extra 5mm+ that will hyper extend your axles.

Just wanted to throw this your way so you don't make a thread later about your axles snapping lol.