PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a new clutch????

tqk
02-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I just wanted to get some info. I have an 04 ep with 100k on the stock clutch. Is it time for a new clutch? Clutch feels fine only thing I notice is gas mileage has gone down a bit for 32 to bought 27. Would worn clutch affect that? I don't know any insight will help. Nothing major done to the car. Intake, headers, exhaust is all.

Deadphishy
02-10-2013, 12:24 PM
I just wanted to get some info. I have an 04 ep with 100k on the stock clutch. Is it time for a new clutch? Clutch feels fine only thing I notice is gas mileage has gone down a bit for 32 to bought 27. Would worn clutch affect that? I don't know any insight will help. Nothing major done to the car. Intake, headers, exhaust is all.

If your clutch isn't slipping then there is no need to replace it.

Your fuel economy is likely do to age. Dirty injectors, plugs, valves. wheel bearings. The list goes on.

03CivicSiRacer
02-11-2013, 06:47 PM
sounds like due time for a tune-up.

captaingamez
02-12-2013, 09:24 AM
I have $10 on bosch plugs

every set i have seen in a k series dips the fuel mileage to around that after a month, or before.

get rid of them crappers, and get stock NGKs

danito321
02-12-2013, 10:20 AM
My clutch is starting to slip but I am trying to hold out till its just a bit warmer. Butninhave noticed my gas mileage has gotten worst.

apexracing
02-18-2013, 09:14 AM
209k on my factory clutch, and it still holds strong. Previous owner put allot of highway miles on the car, that could be why.

GomesyEP3
02-28-2013, 07:40 PM
ya i dont think it would be the clutch man sounds fine to me, i would like deadphishy said, prob some dirty fuel injectors , plugs and valves, try giving her a tune up

danito321
03-10-2013, 10:32 PM
I noticed that I rest my foot on the clutch and now that it's slipping the Rpms go up a little until I completely take my foot off of it. So my gas mileage I'm sure sufferes(as well as my clutch) from doing that but I'm changing it real soon. Just bought a new k&n filter and I noticed a small increase in gas mileage. Smaller wheels and bigger tires helped.