PDA

View Full Version : WTS clarification

Fmachine
02-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Would like clarification as to why I'm unable to sell my unused parts and pass on savings to community members. Have some new parts i found in storage which i need to pass on. Lost my EP in car accident about 3 years ago.

AKAahlecks
02-12-2013, 04:05 AM
Post count!

ep3colin
02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
he's an OG so id hope that the staff would allow him to sell items on here

Fmachine
02-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Yep, was around when I was a kid, 16 lol

Didn't have much input but loved hanging around here.

Silva
02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Pm someone about it then lol
Maybe it's one of the things they will change for new site updates???

nitrious
02-12-2013, 11:55 PM
I feel the same way.. except i wanna sell my '05 UKDM Type R Cluster with 50k.. :'(

Jpax
02-26-2013, 01:08 AM
You can now post for sale items please link your facebook with it . for now we will be making EVERYONE log in with facebook once we finalize our web site upgrades.

So Everyone can post forsale items now - keep it to one thread only though - so don't make a bunch of threads for each item. post all your stuff in one thread, thank you

dble0
02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
We have to log in with facebook? Um I don't have a FB nor do I intend on making one. What do guys like me do?

Jpax
02-27-2013, 01:03 PM
well guess you have crigs list or ebay then?

Waldo129
02-27-2013, 01:51 PM
Defiantly cuts down on spam, but I can understand the people that don't have Facebook..

Jpax
02-27-2013, 04:45 PM
like seriously who doesn't have facebook nowadays. its even easier to sell shit because of facebook, your getting to post items for 0 post count now because of facebook why not make an account that is FREE and you can sell your stuff all day long.

dble0
02-27-2013, 09:08 PM
I honestly hate Facebook. I used to have one. I got tired of people using it to try to make up bullshit stories. When you are on Facebook everyone tags you every where you go, takes pictures of everything you do, and bitches at you for not liking their status or messaging them back. Facebook has become a soap opera. And for those of us that have already reached 100 posts(including myself) should not be forced to create a Facebook account. I think it should be an either or option personally.

Draw7Seven
02-27-2013, 09:18 PM
I have a Facebook based upon necessity. I totally agree the FB sucks, but if this is the way the powers that be want to control the spam, I'm all for it. I've found that by unsubscribing from all 420 of my friends (yes, this took a few months) and rarely posting anything of real substance, I'm protected from most of the Facebook drama while still being technically present. I'd recommend that approach, though I totally agree that giving a company who thrives on information all of your personal info sucks. I refuse to use the phone app or tag my location, and I decline all photo tags. I have pretty strict settings on it and I still feel like "they" know too much about me.

But compared to losing our aging forum to spam bots, I'd call it the lesser of two evils. I'm truly sorry that it's come to this (Doug would've quit over this if he hadn't already), but I can understand why it's happening, and the best thing to do is probably embrace it for the sake of keeping the forum alive :\

I hope my drunken rambling made some sense. Also I saw you pull in and park the other day but I wasn't brave enough to come say what's up. Have a good spring break!

dble0
02-27-2013, 09:36 PM
You speak very well to be drunk. Lol. Should have told me you were drinking I'm out at the bar myself and could use a pool player

dble0
02-27-2013, 09:39 PM
And it's cool. One day we should play a couple games of pool and have a couple drinks. Ill even treat if you to repay you for my inevitable rumblings about my car. Just let me finish paying to replace my oil pan first. Lol.