PDA

View Full Version : cruise control

dble0
02-13-2013, 07:36 AM
my cruise control stopped working for no apparent reason. the light on the on switch wont even come on. Any ideas?

Waldo129
02-13-2013, 09:30 AM
my cruise control stopped working for no apparent reason. the light on the on switch wont even come on. Any ideas?

Same here man.. The switch light doesn't come on, but when I press it in and engage CC on my steering wheel the light on my cluster comes on, but cruise control doesn't kick in. Weird.

dble0
02-13-2013, 09:12 PM
do we need new modules? some info that might help. I tightened my throttle cable a few months back and the CC started acting weird shortly after. I don't understand how something that is meant to be adjusted would harm something else though.

Waldo129
02-14-2013, 06:15 AM
I honestly don't have a clue, mine stopped working after I had that electrical problem...

Anyone..?

maksym
02-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Try adjusting the cable. Also check the fuse for it.6427

Waldo129
02-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Cool I'll check that out. Thanks!

maksym
02-14-2013, 09:33 AM
And the light on the switch is no biggy, its just the bulb that went out which is not a big deal, the cruise control should still work...

Waldo129
02-14-2013, 09:37 AM
And the light on the switch is no biggy, its just the bulb that went out which is not a big deal, the cruise control should still work...

Nope it doesn't.

maksym
02-14-2013, 10:25 AM
No but that's what I mean... the light on the switch does not make a difference, if the cruise control were in proper working condition, it would still work without the light on the switch, my light on the switch does not work either but the cruise control itself does... same with my body's 2003 Civic LX, his switch does not light up but cruise control works. It is mostly like that because people leave it in the on position when they don't even use while driving...
Like I said its either the cable, fuse, or the worst case scenario the module. But just to make sure without spending big bucks first you've got to check the cable and fuses. These being the easiest and cheapest to diagnose and replace.
Hope that helps.

maksym
02-14-2013, 10:31 AM
One more thing I forgot to mention it could also be the switch in the steering wheel, but if it's none of those, you probably got an electrical issue (ground, connection, etc.)

Waldo129
02-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Okay... I can press the button in, and then on my wheel engage cruise, and the light on my cluster even comes on like cruise is working, but It doesn't.. weird.. Ill check those things out

maksym
02-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Check the cable, if everything is working but its not engaging, I would think the cable is loose at the link (intake side), or at the actuator (the opposite side; by the fluid reservoir).

Waldo129
02-14-2013, 12:37 PM
I'll give it a shot, I probably just knocked it loose when I smacked that curb... :(

dble0
02-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Come to find out the bulb died in my switch. So it does work, well sorta. Sometimes when I go up hill or have been using it for a long time it will disengage and I have to turn it off as if to reset it before it will engage again.

Draw7Seven
02-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Come to find out the bulb died in my switch. So it does work, well sorta. Sometimes when I go up hill or have been using it for a long time it will disengage and I have to turn it off as if to reset it before it will engage again.

If I remember correctly this is a sign of issues around the throttle body. Pick up some IACV cleaner and do that, and get some electrical parts cleaner and do a good maintenance on all the sensors at the TB and intake. That may help clear up the issues.

dble0
03-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks Matt. I will try it when I finally put my cold air on.