PDA

View Full Version : Our clutch

FailureToStop
01-13-2003, 01:48 AM
The first thing that I noticed when test driving the EP was the clutch pedal. There was almost no resistance to it. I asked the salesman about it, but he did not know what I was talking about.

I told my friend it was electric but I was just talking out of my azz. Why is there no resistance there? What would happen if we upgraded to an ACT or Centerforce clutch (when they come out)?

02SilverSiHB
01-13-2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by FailureToStop
The first thing that I noticed when test driving the EP was the clutch pedal. There was almost no resistance to it. I asked the salesman about it, but he did not know what I was talking about.

I told my friend it was electric but I was just talking out of my azz. Why is there no resistance there? What would happen if we upgraded to an ACT or Centerforce clutch (when they come out)?
I take it you've driven a stang or something before :)
Our clutch isn't that high of a performance clutch, so it's easier for daily driving, hence it's easy to push down on it. Once you upgrade the clutch to at least a stage 2, most likely 3, you will see that it is slightly stiffer and engages faster.

Dunrick
01-13-2003, 09:26 AM
Our clutch feels like butter after driving a 5.0 5spd. You actually have to push w/ those.

fishboy
01-13-2003, 09:32 AM
my brother has a mustang and after driving the si for a while i feel all weak driving his car. i gotta work out a little or something.:)

1 fstr si
01-13-2003, 12:32 PM
HAHAHAHA if you think you have to push the clutch alot in a 5.0 mustang, try driving a viper or a ferarri 456 gt with a competition racing clutch. THEN, you will have to REALLY try to push that pedal.