PDA

View Full Version : HELP! what the hell did I do??????

grooveline
01-13-2003, 08:46 AM
ok, I installed my new deck yesterday. dash came apart fine, the dash kit took 30 minutes of modification to fit right. it still isn't perfect, but it works(its for the regular civic).

anyway, my problems are electrical.
1) the radio is not able to *hold* the settings, channels and what not.
2) My turns signals o longer work
3) keyless door entry no longer works
4) the interior door lock button only works when the car is turned on.
5) and i think i lost my defroster.

what the hell did I do? can i fix it?

Gibhunter
01-13-2003, 10:00 AM
Don't tell me that you cut off your wiring harness and connected cables color to color. If that works than it's a miracle. If not and you bought a wiring harness for the regular civic, then maybe the one youbought is for the wrong year civic. You need a 2001+ civic wiring harness.

grooveline
01-13-2003, 10:12 AM
i used a wiring kit.

DjMacAtack
01-13-2003, 10:17 AM
did you plug back in the emergency light switch??

my turnsignals didnt work when i had that unplugged

grooveline
01-13-2003, 10:22 AM
ok... i haven't put the tiny peice of the dash back on, so the unplugged hazards may be causing the turn signals.

but whats up with my door locks and keyless entry?

Jpax
01-13-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by grooveline
ok... i haven't put the tiny peice of the dash back on, so the unplugged hazards may be causing the turn signals.

but whats up with my door locks and keyless entry?

FOR EVERYTHING TO WORK RIGHT YOU HAVE TO PLUG EVERYTHING BACK IN, HAZZARDS AC BUTTONS, TEMP CONTROL, AND RADIO. IF YOU USE AN AFTERMARKET DECK YOU NO LONGER GET DOOR LOCKS , BECAUSE THERE IS A SECURITY LOCK CIRCUT THAT GOSE S THROUGH THE FACTORY STEREO THAT IS NO LONGER THERE, WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT, IF YOU POSTED THIS IN ELETRONICS YOU MIGHT HAVE LEARNED THAT, :mad:

chunky
01-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE

FOR EVERYTHING TO WORK RIGHT YOU HAVE TO PLUG EVERYTHING BACK IN, HAZZARDS AC BUTTONS, TEMP CONTROL, AND RADIO. IF YOU USE AN AFTERMARKET DECK YOU NO LONGER GET DOOR LOCKS , BECAUSE THERE IS A SECURITY LOCK CIRCUT THAT GOSE S THROUGH THE FACTORY STEREO THAT IS NO LONGER THERE, WHEN YOU TAKE IT OUT, IF YOU POSTED THIS IN ELETRONICS YOU MIGHT HAVE LEARNED THAT, :mad:

my door locks work fine with my current head unit (eclipse). they worked fine with my old head unit as well (sony).

I don't know why the doorlocks won't work.

you are aware that if you have the door open, the power doors will not lock the drivers side door. you have to pull the door open handle out and then press the door switch down.

Jpax
01-13-2003, 11:47 AM
so your door lock work with your factory remote huh, with the eclipse unit in place, weird, when i took mine out and put in a nak 45z , the factory remote wouldn t let me lock the doors or unlock them. but with the factory unit i can.

Gibhunter
01-13-2003, 11:51 AM
We don't have anything like that on the RSX either and we also use the 01+ civic wiring harness just like the new si and also have the same type of security features. About the turn signals, yes. I forgot all about that. The hazards have to be plugged in or the turn signals won't work.

Jpax
01-13-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13S5P01_B1310.gif

#8 is the RECEIVER UNIT, KEYLESS ENTRY so it is not in the stereo, that means PAX YOU DUMBASS YOUR WRONG.......:D

BUT on the other hand you fuged something up.......:cool:

rgGolf4
01-13-2003, 12:37 PM
I just installed my Pioneer MP8400 this weekend, and other than two small scratches, everything installed fine. I used the 2001+ wiring kit and I still have functionality over keyless doors/security. I only lock my doors after they are all closed and the car off.

Paxie,

Not sure if this applies to the Si, but on my VW there was a wire lead in the stock stereo harness...it was part of the OBDII/security system. If an aftermarket HU was installed, this lead had to be removed from the aftermarket wiring harness. Otherwise, when a diagnostic computer was hooked to the car, it would fry it. Many dealers would require you to remove the aftermarket HU if work had to be done on the car. Just a suggestion since everyhting has worked on my car.

Jpax
01-13-2003, 12:45 PM
yea I understand what your talking aboot, ;) He was saying he couldn't use remote key less entry any more and i though it was because it was in the factory deck (the reciever)
in the stereos like the 6th gen civics were the recevier was tied into the stereo, but on 2002 si and ex the receiver for key less entry is by the fuse box under the dash.

I think when I hooked up my nak deck i didnt shut the hatch and thats why my system (remote entry ) didn t work..its ok i sold my deck all ready and amm saving up for a in dash monitor.

grooveline
01-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Good word brethren!

everything works now. I had a buddy that I work with look at it since he's a pro. he did something under the hood, but he wouldn't tell me. he kept muttering about it being job security. anyway, it was most likely fuse related but i don't which one since my buddy didn't tell me. oh well, who cares, its fixed!!!!!

02blksi
01-13-2003, 06:29 PM
fyi.. the door locks WONT work if you have the HONDA alarm installed, since it goes through the radio harness you need to keep part of the old radio tucked behind the dash for the keyless entry and alram to work still, BUT if you just have the normal keyless entry, it will work just fine with an aftermarket radio. --Joe :)

in case a short is present, CHECK YOUR RADIO fuse, this could be the cause of alot of problems listed, channels not holding etc. If its blown replace it but before hand find out why its blown, improper wiring etc. --good luck,

atl-si
01-14-2003, 07:56 AM
Hmm.... my Alpine stereo work with my keyless. As for the electrical issues, make sure you plug the hazard back into it's right place.

Ocelaris
01-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Ok, I Believe I just have the factory keyless entry system. I'm wondering if when I replace my headunit it will lose all the dimming features, lights flashing etc... ?

I was thinking about just leaving the stock headunit in anyways for security measures (and have a flip face reciever). so it looks stock. Could I do a y-split and have both plugged in? or how do I keep all the keyless entry features? Thanks, Bill

DjMacAtack
01-25-2003, 08:23 PM
i remember this discussion before... plug back in the emergency light swith and the a/c connectors and see if theres still a problem...

HeelToePro
01-25-2003, 08:33 PM
Sorry about the bad news. In this situation I would go back and recheck all the fuses and all of the wiring. Take it slow and double check everything.