PDA

View Full Version : leather shift boot

Turbo EP
01-13-2003, 11:06 AM
just wanted to let everyone know, the rubber shift boot is a thing of the past. A local shop has custom leather shift boots made for them in different colors and I tried to see if I could get it to work. Well it was easier than I thought. I got a black leather with red stiching. It matched up nice with the stock knob. They have two tones, solid with colored stiching. I think they will even get customs made. I compared it to the Momo boot and this had a thicker leather and looked alot nicer. I want to get some pics(as soon as I get a camera). If anyone is interested call them at 215-942-9866. Be back soon, Peace.

the JigGa mAn
01-13-2003, 06:07 PM
sounds bad ass...how much did you get it for?

esmith13
01-13-2003, 06:29 PM
Turbo,

Where you live @ ?? I'm in So. Philly. We should meet up some time... You goin' to the Jersey meet this coming Sunday??

Lemme know. I can take those pics for you to post if U want. I got a digital camera.

... Curious to see it myself too...

02whitesi
01-14-2003, 07:30 AM
Where is this shop in Philly? I am in west philly and would like to check it out

esmith13
01-14-2003, 07:37 AM
Turbo EP & 02whitesi,

Are you two coming to the New Jersey Meet this Sunday, the 19th??

Check out the NorthEast Regional Forum for the "New Jersey Meet (merged)" thread. We got almost 10 people so far and it ranges from '02 & '03 stockies to mild/medium modded ones. Me and Vivid_Motion are the only ones from the Philly area so far and were meetin' up North I95 to roll into Jersey together. Would be nice to have a few more attend!!

Meet is at 2PM and Pa rollers are meeting at about 1PM for the trip.

PM me or drop me a line at esmith@simplicitbt.com and let me know what's up!!

Turbo EP
01-14-2003, 10:48 AM
The shop is Impo Performance and they are north of Philly. Give them a call for directions(215)942-9866. I have to work this sunday, but would like to go to a Pa(philly area meeting) if I find out in advance so I can get off.

Turbo EP
01-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Sorry, I'm new to forums and posting. It(shift boot) was $55. My friend also has an 02'. We work together and have off again on Feb. 1,2. Weather permitting maybe we could get a group together to meet up somewhere.

esmith13
01-14-2003, 01:04 PM
Sounds sweet...

I'm up for that

BIackSI
01-15-2003, 04:45 PM
sounds cool, cant wait to see some pics

the JigGa mAn
01-17-2003, 10:24 PM
does this place ship to places other than philly? i live in chicago suburbs...and im thinking about buying one but only if they ship..

Turbo EP
01-18-2003, 06:04 PM
I gave them a call, yes they do ship. As soon as I get a camera I'll post pics!!

the JigGa mAn
01-18-2003, 09:30 PM
great...did they say anything about how much it would cost?

Turbo EP
01-20-2003, 12:30 PM
I dont know what it would cost to ship to you. You would have to call them. (215)942-9866 is their number.

the JigGa mAn
01-20-2003, 08:37 PM
awesome..thanks for your help..cant wait to see the pics..

r3p00c
01-24-2003, 12:41 PM
Man, i don't understand. I love my stock shiftboot and knob, and I don't think that I'd ever replace them with aftermarket pieces. The stock boot gives the shift a funky look and goes with the look and feel of the rest of the interior. To me leather boots look like a sock or hat sticking out of the dash with a ball on the end... kinda out of place.

JMO though... do what you like. That's what counts. :)

the JigGa mAn
01-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by r3p00c
Man, i don't understand. I love my stock shiftboot and knob, and I don't think that I'd ever replace them with aftermarket pieces. The stock boot gives the shift a funky look and goes with the look and feel of the rest of the interior. To me leather boots look like a sock or hat sticking out of the dash with a ball on the end... kinda out of place.

JMO though... do what you like. That's what counts. :)

i never thought of that...i hope it doesnt look like this shift boot
http://ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=70907

http://ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=70908

*no offense to the person whos shift boot that is...but its not for me....*

1 fstr si
01-29-2003, 10:02 PM
hey turbo ep . u said that they ship, and im on ohio. so, heres the dealio, my buddy has a 2002 cavalier and he wants a green shift boot for it. can you ask them when you get a chance if they can hook it up with a green shift boot. kinda like a bright green, but not like a neon or a lime. heres a pic of his interior if it helps any. thank you very much for any info you can give me, as well as a web address or ordsering info. thanx man.

chet
01-29-2003, 10:10 PM
I called the shop about two weeks ago I guess. I got hung up on twice. Long distance too, I'm in Indiana. The woman I spoke to said they had one white leather one in stock. I know what you're going to say, talk to someone else. They didn't seem to have it together right now.

Gave them my#.. . . .. Haven't heard a thing.