PDA

View Full Version : AEM Series 2 Question

LudeMutt
02-27-2013, 07:07 PM
I just received my EMS and I have a tune scheduled for next Friday. The shop (Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale, AZ) said if I install the ECU, all I pay for is dyno time and they'll do the tune for free. My question is: other than loading the base map and of course removing the old ECU/ installing the new one, is there anything else I will have to do so my EP will still be drivable?

My options are:
1. Let the shop install the ECU (an extra ~$100)
2. Install it at home (I'll need the car drivable)
3. Load the base map, get to the shop early and install it there in the parking lot

I have no tuning knowledge, so any advice will help out a whole lot.

http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww165/LudeMutt/DSC05613.jpg

LudeMutt
03-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Had my tune today, it all went well but I do have one question: Is it normal for the coolant temp to drop while going at speed? The needle goes back to normal when I slow down...

Other than that, my Rev limiter is set at 7500 and my check engine light comes on at 7000 as a shift light!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iywnAU90kj4&feature=youtu.be

LudeMutt
03-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Anyone have tips for setting a cold start? Seriously no replies, does anyone have an AEM?

The tuner told me that the engine temp needle was steady during the tune and to check my wire connections. I don't buy that though, it's never faltered before and it drops dead at the same point every time I drive the car.

poeticfinesse21
03-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Try clubrsx or k20a.org, lots of people with AEM there

LudeMutt
03-19-2013, 06:23 AM
Luckily I have a buddy that went to school for tuning cars so he helped me out with adjusting the cold start and made tweaks to the tune that helped out a lot. Still no solution to the temp gauge yet but I registered for AEM's message boards so hopefully soon I'll have an answer/ fix.

LudeMutt
07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Bump for changing the VTEC setting... AEMtuner says 1500 RMPs but that doesn't sound right. I know the A3 has stages of VTEC but I don't hear/ feel the final stage until around 5400 RPMs.

superchargedk20
07-11-2013, 12:44 AM
There's no crossover points on a a3. Ur not gona feel anything because u don't have a 3 lobe vtec setup. Adujust vtec to 2200 like it supposed to be

LudeMutt
07-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Alright, weird that the base map had it set so low.

So because of the A3 iVTEC, there's no way to change the stage that I do feel/ hear?

superchargedk20
07-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Alright, weird that the base map had it set so low.

So because of the A3 iVTEC, there's no way to change the stage that I do feel/ hear?

Ur car has Eco vtec. It's not a performance vtec like a rsx type s or a k20z1. Changing the point will do nothing for u. That sound u think u hear is just the sound note of Ur intake. There no "stages" either. Feel free to search , theres tons of threads on this, Ur not the first to make this mistake

LudeMutt
07-11-2013, 10:12 AM
gocha, thanks for the info. I will change it to 2200 for the engagement point.