PDA

View Full Version : ding king...the verdict

dw735
01-13-2003, 07:45 PM
what up guys, well, one day i woke up, and i saw a big dent in my car. so being desperate and all, i ordered the ding king. let me say that the glue on the ding king will not stay on the paint. it comes off fairly easy. also, on the doors it works very well. our metal is failry thin, so its east to work with. though my dent had ripples and all, the dent came out. i suggest practicing on other cars so u get the hang of it. if any one has any probs, pm me or something. also, the ding king willl not take out points or creases. also, do not use the big oval remover for failry light dents, it will pull it out too far. also, not for repainted surfaces. dang my stomach hurts, to the bathroom.

JLannoo
01-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by dw735
dang my stomach hurts, to the bathroom.

Yea I had that last night along with a fever,sucks :(

Anyways thanks for the review. I have wondered about that gizmo. I have a bunch of dings on my del Sol.

02blksi
01-13-2003, 08:22 PM
norwalk virus..... good luck :( had it its not fun --Joe

LazyAzzAzian
01-14-2003, 03:22 PM
norwalk virus? is that the stomach bug that was going around, i had that about 2-3 weeks ago, oh my god i thought i was gonna die, my girl had it right before me, my two friends a week before her...that thing sure got around :o

IceD out N CALI
01-16-2003, 12:19 PM
what up guys, well, one day i woke up, and i saw a big dent in my car. so being desperate and all, i ordered the ding king. let me say that the glue on the ding king will not stay on the paint. it comes off fairly easy. also, on the doors it works very well. our metal is failry thin, so its east to work with. though my dent had ripples and all, the dent came out. i suggest practicing on other cars so u get the hang of it. if any one has any probs, pm me or something. also, the ding king willl not take out points or creases. also, do not use the big oval remover for failry light dents, it will pull it out too far. also, not for repainted surfaces. dang my stomach hurts, to the bathroom.

thanks for the write-up. if i get any more dings i might have to pick one up

dw735
01-16-2003, 12:42 PM
oh, i meant after i took the dent out, there was ripples left over. that was my fault not, ding kings. just wanted to clarify that. plus, dont use all of the glue remover, it only takes alittle to remove. alright laters

SeatownEP02
01-17-2003, 10:27 AM
some F#%@ head dent my car a few days ago:mad: i think i know who it is too... a red car, left with a little red paint on my dent
where u get the Ding King at, and how much?

dw735
01-17-2003, 12:12 PM
i heard you can get the ding king at walmart, but never checked. you can get it on tv, or on the website. i think it is dingking.com. they have different sizes and kits. tell me how it goes. again it takes practice, and it might not come out perfect, like under some lighting.

napapacoda
01-17-2003, 02:30 PM
You can get one at BJ's if you have one of them near you. I bought one there for like 25 bucks.

goldy02
01-17-2003, 03:53 PM
i was at Bed Bath And Beyond and saw those down a side isle at a linen store

BlackNRedSi
03-25-2003, 09:52 AM
dang my stomach hurts, to the bathroom

Dang! I gopt that Stomatch bug now myself, my brother gave it to me...GOOOOOD i am sooo sick!

YUUUCK!

o yeah, thanks for the write up on ding king, i need it myself, will buy, and will take before and after shots for you guys...

Eric...

PS what u guys think i should get?

17's 18's or 19's rims, price is not a problem...thanks!

BarracksSi
03-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Get some 19's, then fill them with some HUGE brakes, and then really get the motor cranking so that it can spin the wheels faster than before.

Personally, I'm not going to get new wheels unless I also do all of that. Big wheels, big brakes, and big power all go together in my mind.

BlackNRedSi
03-26-2003, 07:18 AM
Thanks!

Any good suggestions on 19inch rims that are strong rims? like i dont want the 'bling bling' rims, i want more of a sports/ralley kind of rims, a set that can take a lickin and keep on tickin....i wanted something with maybe a lip...

thanks all,

eric