PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

heyyitsrandy
03-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Alright, not even gonna try and sugar coat it, I stalled today**(I'm pretty sure it happens to all of us every now and then) . It wasn't a bad stall, just a simple one . Well to get to the point, once I turned my EP back on, the*check*engine*light*came on . Any suggestions as to what triggered the*light*to turn on ? I*checked*my gas cover and clicked it over, and once I started to drive it again it felt like as though nothing was wrong with my car . Didn't feel weird at all . Any help will do ! Thanks in advance !

Jpax
03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
any of your friends have access to an odb2 scanner :P could unplug the battery for 10 mins and plug it back see if that clears it.

heyyitsrandy
03-05-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm just worried that there is something wrong with it . Haha . So if there is I'd rather know about it . So maybe the battery wouldn't do good . Ill ask around for the scanner . Maybe autozone would have one ?

303EP
03-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Ya you could go to Autozone or really any auto parts store and they will have one for you to use

m3nace
03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Ya you could go to Autozone or really any auto parts store and they will have one for you to use

This best of all its free to check and takes less than a minute to do. This happened to me once when I check it was a random misfire from one of my cylinders

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

mdgiebel
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM
i bought one of those bluetooth elm devices that connects to your android phone through bluetooth. works great and gets the job done. especially when it was less than 20 shipped. GREAT investment IMO

Pronto
03-13-2013, 06:59 PM
i bought one of those bluetooth elm devices that connects to your android phone through bluetooth. works great and gets the job done. especially when it was less than 20 shipped. GREAT investment IMO

That's exactly what I did. Its super cheap, and there's a free app (OBD AutoDoctor) that will read all the codes. Used it a few times on my buddy's car, works great. But you have to have an android device, don't think you can run it with Apple iOS.

danito321
03-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Just take it to autozone or something like that and get it checked for free. You migh just need to reset the ecu or maybe even a new gas cap.