PDA

View Full Version : Hottest All Out Jdm Civic Si!!

JaYdEeEm
01-13-2003, 11:47 PM
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/frameset.htm - then click on the image of the car. and ENJOY!!!!

sicivic2002
01-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Damn that guy has the nicest civic's. That thing is sweet.

HK_EP3
01-14-2003, 12:48 AM
isnt that just a typeR... i dun think its a Si

lewjay
01-14-2003, 01:27 AM
It's definitely an Si. There's a moonroof and other tidbits.

sicivic2002
01-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Yeah it's an Si.

Tragedy
01-14-2003, 01:57 AM
The owner of that EP3 had the tightest EG and EF in Southern California. I don't think he's ever had an EK. Sheng Chao (JDM Honda Part's Owner) is a former business partner. I think he's the only JDM dealer on the west coast that sells hard-to-find (in the USA) parts at a decent price.

taikahn
01-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Its allright --- I like the rally inspired red Si pics that have been floating around a lot more than that white type r clone.

Does anyone else think mugen steering wheels are hideous? I sure do.

silver ep
01-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Im speechless :eek:

Mad02Si
01-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Thats my new background. I would love to have the type R ground effects and front and rear valance

Jpax
01-14-2003, 08:17 AM
it starts its red line @ 8,500 rpm !!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Dam I hate america ......... we piss people off, we don't get the type R, we can't decide how to vote (no pun FL;) )......

ssvr6
01-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE
we can't decide how to vote (no pun FL;) )......

Damn you!! It's the elderly, they're the ones without a clue.

Steve

Jpax
01-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6

Damn you!! It's the elderly, they're the ones without a clue.

Steve

Shurrrrrr....... whos the one with the 3 yr old daughter and is going to file for social security before he hits 50.......;)

j/p......... but did you see that EP3, its very nice.

Im not one to pick but he had spoon exhaust with Mugen steeringwheel and other stuff that looks great but differs in manufacture.....:) Its cool just different.

CleanBlackSi02
01-14-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm insanely jealous. His last car was sweet as hell too.

SIborland
01-14-2003, 09:51 AM
He did have an ek, it was all blacked out with a brand new ITR motor, it was a mean machine no doubt. It had all the goodies. But some guy bought it for like $20k or so...crazy ish. Nice to have money like that.

cram
01-14-2003, 10:00 AM
hmm...i think shawn hillier used to have the the silver ek with the backyard special front bumper and spooned out everything and sheng used to own the black ek

golferjn
01-14-2003, 10:06 AM
yeah that guy works at pit crew. his ep is there to see. just a few blocks away.

JaYdEeEm
01-14-2003, 11:18 AM
yeah, shawn's the one that owns the silver Ek with the backyard special front bumper. its on the JDMhondaparts website. click on autoland. and you'll see his car there going for $38K.... the car that is all blacked out EK is SiinSi... he's the one that started the website... www.JDMuniverse.com...

anyways, shawn must have a lot of money. i wonder what he does for a living?

CleanBlackSi02
01-14-2003, 11:26 AM
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/autos/shawnh.ek/scc_03.jpg

SIborland
01-14-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JaYdEeEm
yeah, shawn's the one that owns the silver Ek with the backyard special front bumper. its on the JDMhondaparts website. click on autoland. and you'll see his car there going for $38K.... the car that is all blacked out EK is SiinSi... he's the one that started the website... www.JDMuniverse.com...

yeah that is sheng's old ride I believe...man anybody who spends that much money on a car and isnt racing professionally is a fool. Not only that, but he did that and is trying to sell it?!?! When you say he's got loot, you damn right. He should pass some onto us cause he has nothing better to do with it.

DownTheHatch
01-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Yeah Shawn's EP is tite.

Type X is right behind him.

slowcivic4now
01-14-2003, 03:31 PM
I hate Shawn Hillier he always has bad ass cars!!:p
:D

Mr.02BlackSIguY
01-14-2003, 05:43 PM
any one know what kind of pedals he has on his car? they look nice.. i want a set of those

Type X
01-14-2003, 05:53 PM
its a 02 si with ctr kit

5 lug with other rims coming and full ctr motor swap

**side note** his mugen kit will be on shortly

:confused:

oops did i say too much?

Type X
01-14-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by JaYdEeEm

and the guy who boughtshengs car is miguel

- miguel he used to live 5 blocks away from me
and i got to drive "shaq"

tight hatch did many an install in it and watched it get some nice toys.. . . . .:D

Brettnyt
01-14-2003, 06:30 PM
That car is tight, but i would have rather just picked up the CTR from Evo Imports and used the difference for mods. How much you think this guy has put into his ep?

-Brett

fishboy
01-14-2003, 06:52 PM
wow. that is one sexy car.:) looks good with the mugen grill. it totally fits.

JaYdEeEm
01-14-2003, 08:08 PM
well he does have the full swap in their already. got the CTR motor in their. its a full CTR except for the interior. so your saying in Evo imports you can get a CTR to be brought here to the US???

taikahn
01-14-2003, 08:41 PM
I have to admit, the car is sweet -- but so much work and money to knock off a CTR. Id rather see people do something semi-original (if they have the money).

The picture posted ( Si + $$ = CTR ) -- explains it perfectly.

non the less - nice car.

CleanBlackSi02
01-14-2003, 09:26 PM
If I had $30K+ to invest in a Civic I would have just imported a 30th Anniversary R with the Recaro's and LSD from Evolution Imports. It's just the logical thing to do. However, if I had that much I'd probably get the new Subaru STI that's coming to the states. :D

JaYdEeEm
01-14-2003, 11:50 PM
yeah but then you think about it.. it takes the fun and excitement and props out of it.. of just getting a CTR.... its better to invest and create what you want to do to a car.... cause basically its like just spending the same money... but instead you are building it yourself yah know?

StrangeShadow
01-15-2003, 12:09 AM
If I had that much money I would go for a DC5R

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/king/projects/civicsi/

:confused: are those uk ctr gauges? 'cause aren't the ones from Godzilla's home land in km/h?

william
01-15-2003, 12:31 AM
If i win the lotto, that's what i'm doing to my car, until then its type r logo's and azzezas for me :D

but seriously, it's a great job, good to see he never caved and went the all out, daddy warbucks, lazy mans way and just shipped in a type R.

Makross
01-15-2003, 11:22 AM
:o theyre both nice

2k2_nbp_egg
01-15-2003, 11:07 PM
Wow, i actually gotta admit that I like that EP. Despite the fact that it was once originally an Si and the owner has dumped a prodigious amount of money into it for something not faster than 14 second QM land....it still looks very nice and has very high JDM appeal.

HOWEVER

my bone to pick here is that 38 thousand dollar used civic. Say those last 2 words again. Forget that it's a 40k used civic that probably doesn't even break into the 12s. It's a 40k used civic!!! Holy shit!!! Just look at all those needlessly replaced R parts!! Type R tweeters, type R cams, type r rear trunk br-BWAAA WHY?You could easily buy so much better performing aftermarket stuff than type R components that run cheaper...if not the same. I can understand some JDM here and there...nice set of headlights here, a front diffuser kit there, and a couple of nice performance parts from japan. Nothings...too..wrong with that(;)).....but when you start going JDM hog-wild that strikes a nerve in me for some reason. I suppose that it's essentially no different than me spending money on a performance mod - its stilll money spent altering your car in a tasteful way. But the effect....what do you really benefit with type arrrrrr tweeters?

Whatever, everybody is entitled to spend their money the way they want to. I just feel sorry for the poor JDM chump who buys that civic.

p.s. I never said that civic wasn't nice - but the STi that I would get w/ that money + the leftover cash spent on aftermarket parts = type Raped civic in a line or on a track, and one frowning EK HB owner regretting the biggest mistake of his life

IceD out N CALI
01-15-2003, 11:16 PM
thats a nice ep

JaYdEeEm
01-15-2003, 11:45 PM
Forget spending $40K on a used civic....i'd rather spend it on a brand new Pimped out Infiniti G35 Coupe!!!!

Mr.02BlackSIguY
01-16-2003, 12:24 PM
he probably didnt spend all that jdm for retial price.. im sure at the place he works at gets jdm parts for cost/wholesale price, thats like probably 40 percent off retail. say the CTR sides is 550 retail, he probably got it for 300 or so. great car though, im so jealous.

31102si
01-17-2003, 10:39 AM
I like. :p