PDA

View Full Version : 04-05 em2 front end?

Saywuh
03-07-2013, 12:24 AM
im probably gonna get shit for this but oh well here we go. im looking to get another ride since i crashed my ek. its a toss up between a gd3 or ep3. i got a thing for hatchbacks. love the crx, love the eg, love the front end of the ek but hated the egg body, love the body of the ep3 but hate the front end.

the 04-05 em2 front end is the only front i like of all the 7th gen.

so to do the swap the obvious is needed: hood, headlights (with bulbs, pigtails, brackets), grill, bumper, mate the 2 fenders, and radiator support. majority of the work going into fitting/welding/mating the fenders and the radiator support. what i need to know is if the fender length is the same, if the width of the hood is the same, and if there will be any issues with the contour of the em2 hood and the winshield of the ep3? any help would be appreciated

HFPcivicSI
03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
im probably gonna get shit for this but oh well here we go. im looking to get another ride since i crashed my ek. its a toss up between a gd3 or ep3. i got a thing for hatchbacks. love the crx, love the eg, love the front end of the ek but hated the egg body, love the body of the ep3 but hate the front end.

the 04-05 em2 front end is the only front i like of all the 7th gen.

so to do the swap the obvious is needed: hood, headlights (with bulbs, pigtails, brackets), grill, bumper, mate the 2 fenders, and radiator support. majority of the work going into fitting/welding/mating the fenders and the radiator support. what i need to know is if the fender length is the same, if the width of the hood is the same, and if there will be any issues with the contour of the em2 hood and the winshield of the ep3? any help would be appreciated

Ehhhh...

As someone who never loved the ep3, until I drove it - PLEASE dont do this to it if you plan or driving the car around as a DD. You really should enjoy the hatch for what it is. I agree with you - I LoVE the CRX, infact its what got me in to tuned cars (friend had one in HS, then another one got one too - while I had a porsche 944 turbo, I was jelly of these guys never having to lay out thousands for repair bills like I had to for just routine items).

But I would say this - buy BOTH. buy a ep3, and mod the hell out of it with clean mods, or power mods, or both. BUY a 91 CRX SI and keep that beyatch stock, with the exception of updated wheels, and a revamped suspension, and MAYBE a CAI - then focus on rust removal/restoration of that.

Whats going to happen if you follow your plan, your going to butcher two cars, never get any resale out of it, and REALLY lower the appeal to potential buyers. Unless you have DEEEEEEP pockets, what your going to try to accomplish just isnt a smart idea.

*opinion coming from someone who's ep3 was destroyed by a drunk driver 4 weeks ago, and replaced with a 08 SI 2 door (9200rpm redline? Thanks flashpro!)

danito321
03-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Just by looking at them I don't think it'll work. The front end of the em2 is longer I believe. It was actually the front end of the ep3 that made me love it. There was someone I saw a long time ago with an rsx front if you fancy that. Google it and you'll find it. Not my favorite but ehh..

danito321
03-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Just by looking at them I don't think it'll work. The front end of the em2 is longer I believe. It was actually the front end of the ep3 that made me love it. There was someone I saw a long time ago with an rsx front if you fancy that. Google it and you'll find it. Not my favorite but ehh..

Waldo129
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
This is about as bad as the guy wanting the "GTI" look on his ep... painting the front with a big gay black stripe... lolz

danito321
03-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Haha kinda what I thought butnrobeach their own.