PDA

View Full Version : wheel vibration

los
03-07-2013, 07:02 AM
im getting crazy wheel vibration from the pasnger front. ive looked and but noting really stands out visualy. I did notice when i was changing axles the the wheel bearing looked shitty, will a bad wheel bearing cause vibration like this. ?

im going to replace it anyways any suggestions on what to use as replacment?

poeticfinesse21
03-07-2013, 08:28 AM
For something as crucial as a wheel bearing, I wouldn't use anything but OEM but that's me.

los
03-07-2013, 11:52 AM
yeah sounds good man hope this gets rid of vibration its annoying. ive replaced ball joints tie rod ends on that side and still shaking. hopefully the bearing will fix it.

tinman5
03-09-2013, 05:12 PM
I went with the Timken wheel bearing from Autozone. OG's in the bearing industry as well as OE suppliers for, well, damn near every auto manufacturer at one time or another. Machine shop close by pressed the bearing and a fresh ball joint in about 15 minutes for $25 a spindle.
Also, as a precaution, raise the car and pull on the wheel both vertically and horizontally. There should be no play (obviously) but in my case there was a light knock. The bearing crapping out sounded a bit louder than my everyday road noise so I didnt pay it any mind. It wasn't until I began hearing a random knock at slow speeds I knew something was up.