PDA

View Full Version : Any one make a performance shock for our cars yet??

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-14-2003, 07:37 AM
The subject really says it all. I want my suspension to be the first thing I modify on my car and I want to do it right and that means getting some aftermarket shocks.

silver ep
01-14-2003, 07:49 AM
Only shocks that I know of that are out are Koni Yellows but they need modification to fit. Im waiting on KYBs or Tokicos.

I want to do it right also so Im waiting till more shocks come out, Im going with Progress springs btw.

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-14-2003, 08:07 AM
I looked at the progress set up and it seems really nice, however I'm strongly considering Ground Control Coilovers. Would I still retain a nice everyday ride of I got this setup?

02SilverSiHB
01-14-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Hatch, Si Hatch
I looked at the progress set up and it seems really nice, however I'm strongly considering Ground Control Coilovers. Would I still retain a nice everyday ride of I got this setup?
progress now offers a full coilover/shock setup. :)

yomamaInMySi
01-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

progress now offers a full coilover/shock setup. :)

Not quite yet, have to wait 'til spring time.

silver ep
01-14-2003, 10:25 AM
Ground Control have been know to ride a little harsh for everyday commutes, personally I would go with a nice spring/shock combo if your worried about ride harshness.

02SilverSiHB
01-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by yomamaInMySi

Not quite yet, have to wait 'til spring time.
ah, yes true, I should have stated it's coming soon :)

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-14-2003, 12:44 PM
I went to Ground-Control's website thinking that maybe I could send them a quick E-mail...WRONG! The only way you can contact them is to call them(long distance for me). Kinda sucks. Oh well, I still have plenty of time to decide what I want to do. Due to the lack of funds and all.

tkm
01-16-2003, 11:21 AM
I went to Ground-Control's website thinking that maybe I could send them a quick E-mail...WRONG! The only way you can contact them is to call them(long distance for me). Kinda sucks. Oh well, I still have plenty of time to decide what I want to do. Due to the lack of funds and all.

Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I have a brand new set of GCs for sale if you are interested. I'll sell them cheaper than what I paid for them.

Hatch, Si Hatch
01-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by tkm

Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I have a brand new set of GCs for sale if you are interested. I'll sell them cheaper than what I paid for them.

How was the ride on the GC's? Did you use the stock shocks with them? If not what shocks did you use?

tkm
01-16-2003, 02:15 PM

How was the ride on the GC's? Did you use the stock shocks with them? If not what shocks did you use?

I never installed them. They are brand new in the box and unopened. I am getting a different type of coilover.

How does $320 shipped sound? They are $339 + shipping from GC.

SiMecoming
01-20-2003, 01:44 AM
Alright so which company has the best set of springs out for our cars and what are the drops (inches) available. Ya i dont like SPRINT they suck BOuncy as hell. I like my stock springs right now caus eim not bouncy all over the place i want the lowered look with great handling. Also for all of you out there using SPRINT SPRINGS they tend to SAG after a few thousand miles ....and has anyone yet to release a shock kit for the ep's