PDA

View Full Version : Hondata reflash soon (yea buddeh) Need help

Noobifier3000
03-13-2013, 12:59 AM
So like the title says, I'll be getting the reflash pretty soon and I wanted to know what I should do / buy , before hand to help with any noticeable differences.

So far I have

+ Short ram intake ( soon going to be replaced with full cold air intake)
+DC header

And that's pretty much it engine wise. Other then that I'm on brand new tein springs and shocks.

I wanted to ask what can I do for exhaust? I kinda don't feel like buying a whole new exhaust system since I'm satisfied with how it sounds stock already. Unless it adds huge noticeable gains alongside reflash then I might consider it, but 500$+ for 2-5hp? I might have to pass on that.

Any other suggestions?

Ohh final question. Will any cams work with reflash? Or will I need kpro at that point,

thx in advance

tinman5
03-13-2013, 02:37 AM
I do believe the reflash is external bolt on specific. Which is why for the cost if a reflash I have opted to go Kpro. Which you should consider if you are planning on camming your engine. There will be additional supporting mods to consider that will maximize the benefit of cams and unfortunately, only with a system capable of maximizing THOSE upgrades will you be best served. Otherwise you are merely leaving power on the table and possibly risking harm due to tuning issues outside of a reflashes scope.

Noobifier3000
03-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Ahh ok, By any chance do they still do that option where if you have reflash, and you want to get kpro, all you need to do is pay the difference?
Thanks for the heads up btw.

tinman5
03-13-2013, 07:22 PM
I know Hondata still offers the upgrade option although I dont know if it equates to the difference or possibly a bit more. I just ordered my Kpro today at what I feel is a good price, unfortunately it is based on a PNF ecu not the PRB currently in my car.
No reverse lock out nor immobilizer is the only downside, I get to keep my PRB for future use is the upside.

Powers
03-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Kpro is a wonderful things and after it is obtained a whole new plethora of options open up to what can be done to the car.
You can go for nitrous supercharger turbo methanol injection any k swap you fancy launch control yada yada and I heard the pric of kpro dropped to about 650.
The reflash will only support a cold air intake race header and exhaust.
If your thinking about cams already you might as well pinch a few more penny's and spring for kpro.

Noobifier3000
03-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Kpro is a wonderful things and after it is obtained a whole new plethora of options open up to what can be done to the car.
You can go for nitrous supercharger turbo methanol injection any k swap you fancy launch control yada yada and I heard the pric of kpro dropped to about 650.
The reflash will only support a cold air intake race header and exhaust.
If your thinking about cams already you might as well pinch a few more penny's and spring for kpro.

Oh damn, your right. it's only 695$ now O.o Here I was thinking it was still 1k$ I'm so getting krpo then lol.

1 More question. I should probably post this as another thread but oh well.

would this work just as well as a full exhaust??? http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=CpNfvagtJUZ60H425yQHiuoHwBIukgYQDy9DAjkGL5siqSw gFEAEgv-CwAygFUOT7nKAHYMnOjIjwo-wSyAEHqgQjT9AP1JdcSRnsafkR1GtvH5N51gRNyArN-NP1KOKtd4bh0zyABZBOwAUFoAYmgAeLsbUl4BL-mP_zroPWiQc&sig=AOD64_0pPfcD9YSN8yteieDgiirCJa6C5A&ctype=5&ved=0CDQQww8&adurl=http://www.partshawk.com/product/mgn-697&rct=j&q=ep3+mid+pipe

I don't want my car to be too loud, so will changing the b-pipe be sufficient enough??

Powers
03-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Here's my personal opinion. You want an exhaust for power. But you want it quiet to. So which part of the exhaust system will give you the most power? The header and mid pipe.

So get a good race header. And I say you do an electronic cut out just before the stock catback. This way when your just cruising minding your own business it's nice and quiet.

Then when a girly scion tc with rims a fart can and a gay guido try's to show off to snooki and race you ya flip the switch and its all like get some! Then they stare at your taillights for a bit and you get to watch that faggot guido cry his fake tan off at the next stop light. Boom goes the dynamite!

Drunk posting btw.

Noobifier3000
03-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Lmfaoooo^

But yea, I got name brand header (DC) And I decided to go name brand on the mid pipe too. Gonna buy a megan mid pipe . And I'll look into the electronic cut like you said.

Thnx for the input. Ill reply back with the results and how it turned out.

tinman5
03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
I got my Kpro through Phearable although Hondata was rather slow on their end and I will finally get my ecu on Tuesday. That was the best price I found and John answered all my questions and offered solutions as well.
All I've been doing is reading and studying for the past couple weeks. First time on the 'hatch since.