PDA

View Full Version : Oil pan, oil pump

maksym
03-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Does anybody know what is the distance between the oil pan on the inside and the oil pump pick up on a K20A3 motor and of course on the original oil pan and pump? In other words, what is the clearance there? Anybody measured while taking it apart? Want to know for sure because keep finding different info on this.
Any reliable info will be appreciated it. Thanks

maksym
03-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Come one, anyone? Those of you who've done swaps should know this! Anybody at least got a picture?

poeticfinesse21
03-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Look on k20a.org. There is a thread that goes over this exact information with pictures and everything. If I find it again, I'll post up the link for you.

EDIT: Found it:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59336

maksym
03-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I've seen this thread before, thanks. But I think it will be different on a K20A3... And that is why I am trying to make sure without taking stuff apart. I think that way because I think that K20A2 pump is a little different, plus with the K24A1 pan it shows different clearance. My buddy has a bend in the middle of his pan and I wanted to know if the oil pick up would still be fine without taking stuff apart and changing it out.