PDA

View Full Version : Installing new aftermarket springs/shocks/struts. What else do I need?

Noobifier3000
03-20-2013, 04:01 PM
So like title says. I bought tein springs, and tociko shocks and struts.

The springs that were on my car when I bought it, are completely broken. Idk how, but they are.

Anyways, my question is if I need any other items when I install my springs? It's a 1.4 drop in the front and 1.3 in the back.

I'm new to adding in a suspension to my car. So any help and advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Yea im dumb as hell, I coulda got coilovers for the price of the shocks/struts/and springs. Didn't think about it at the time -.-

Jpax
03-20-2013, 04:47 PM
So like title says. I bought tein springs, and tociko shocks and struts.

The springs that were on my car when I bought it, are completely broken. Idk how, but they are.

Anyways, my question is if I need any other items when I install my springs? It's a 1.4 drop in the front and 1.3 in the back.

I'm new to adding in a suspension to my car. So any help and advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Yea im dumb as hell, I coulda got coilovers for the price of the shocks/struts/and springs. Didn't think about it at the time -.-

assemble your new springs and struts out side of the car, then you can just straight swap them into the vehicle when pulling out the old ones. You might need some camber bolts for the fronts, and a rear camber kit. It's been a while since I installed suspension but that low may NOT need it.

just make sure you secure the car good, when it's in the air, and the rest is easy. oh If I remember right, when you take out the front assembly , look at where the END of the spring is, and match up your new one with the same direction, so the coil matches similar. hope that makes sense