PDA

View Full Version : Motor mount install worth paying labor or can I figure it out?

Reaper27
03-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Ok so, my rear motor mount is broken and needs to be replaced so I just figured I would swap all of them out at the same time to make it even. I bought the Avid Racing tuner series mounts from corsport with the street level bushing inserts, it was a decent price and I don't really care if it's billet or it's black haha. But I called my usual shop that has the best prices in town and they want $350 to put in all three mounts which is about 5 hours of work at $70 an hour which isn't bad for an hourly rate but I don't really have an extra $350 laying around to do that so I'm wondering if it's worth it to bite the bullet or is it something I can figure out fairly quickly. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and I'll have an extra set of hands with me as well. Thanks for any info or help with this guys.

fEPst3r
03-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Its fairly easy to do, the easiest one would be top engine side. The transmission side is a little hard because of the bracket and limited space but you can get to it from the bottom of the car. The rear bottom isnt as hard as it seems. Do the top two first, then the bottom rear. You should be able to unbolt the rear bottom mount from the bracket and subframe easily. It should slide foward with ease. Putting the new one may take a little muscle but sometimes its just as easy. Bolt it up to the bracket first than line up the bottom subframe bolts. Do it by hand first so you dont strip it. The hardest mount to do would be the front rear but since youre not changing that, you have nothing to worry about. $350 is pretty expensive for labor, I normally charge $180 at the shop i work at.

m3nace
03-20-2013, 07:11 PM
350 is pretty expensive the shop I went to did it in like 3 hours and charged me 180-200 bucks

m3nace
03-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Oo fepster did mine lol

Reaper27
03-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Its fairly easy to do, the easiest one would be top engine side. The transmission side is a little hard because of the bracket and limited space but you can get to it from the bottom of the car. The rear bottom isnt as hard as it seems. Do the top two first, then the bottom rear. You should be able to unbolt the rear bottom mount from the bracket and subframe easily. It should slide foward with ease. Putting the new one may take a little muscle but sometimes its just as easy. Bolt it up to the bracket first than line up the bottom subframe bolts. Do it by hand first so you dont strip it. The hardest mount to do would be the front rear but since youre not changing that, you have nothing to worry about. $350 is pretty expensive for labor, I normally charge $180 at the shop i work at.

Thanks for the info man, wish your shop was local I'd just bring it to you haha. But I guess I'm confused about something, do I have to take all the current mounts off first before I put the new ones on or can I do it one by one? Like take off one old one and replace it with the new one and then move to the next?

usedep3
03-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the info man, wish your shop was local I'd just bring it to you haha. But I guess I'm confused about something, do I have to take all the current mounts off first before I put the new ones on or can I do it one by one? Like take off one old one and replace it with the new one and then move to the next?

Yes, you can replace them one at a time. You'll be able to do this. Good Luck!

fEPst3r
03-21-2013, 12:58 AM
yea one by one. Top passenger first, top driver side, and then bottom rear

Reaper27
03-21-2013, 04:11 AM
Gotcha, thanks guys