PDA

View Full Version : Konis with lowering springs and camber plates?? how?

captaingamez
03-31-2013, 01:02 AM
How would I install koni's with lowering springs and camber plates?, problem is that the camber plates are all not designed for lowering springs, so they dont have a specific place for the upper spring perch to sit and rotate in. what is my solution here? I would prefer not to go back to stock upper plates.

I have a set of ebay camber plates that have served me well for years on my Junk2's, and are still in great condition, but now im upgrading so I would like to retain the camber adjustability.

any ideas are appreciated.

captaingamez
03-31-2013, 07:24 PM
so I put the spring perch in there with the plastic piece that goes in between it and the upper mount that I assume it rotates on. the plastic cup piece is just sitting against the adjustable camber plate. it handles great, but it seems a bit rickety at slow speeds sometimes, my girlfriend says she isnt noticing it. but it needs tie rod ends and an alignment really badly so that could be the problem.

also is it okay that when sitting on the ground there is only about 1 inch of suspension travel before it hits the bump stop, which is about an inch, so like 2 inches or less of travel including the bump stop, is that okay?

captaingamez
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
I guess this thread would be the same question as how do you install camber plates on stock suspension? or on dc5r suspension? should be the same answer to all, anyone done it?

Hasbro
04-01-2013, 02:18 AM
I guess this thread would be the same question as how do you install camber plates on stock suspension? or on dc5r suspension? should be the same answer to all, anyone done it?

To (hopefully) paraphrase another member, do your camber down below for better suspension geometry having to do with king pin angle etc.

How about caster plates up top? http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=665014

captaingamez
04-01-2013, 08:51 AM
that is really clean, I would love a set of those, I was actually going to adjust my camber on the bottom anyway for that reason, but I still want to use the camber plates until I can afford to get a set of the good ones you have to make cutouts for, such as those in your link. im just not sure about how to get the spring perch to work right, same question for those ones in the link, how would you use them with stock spring perches? I am using Sprint lowering springs, not coilovers. so I need to use the stock spring perch.

captaingamez
04-03-2013, 07:17 AM
well I got tired of F**king with it, and I just put the stock top mount back on, I HATE!!!!!!!!!!!.

it rides good though, but every time I hit a bump it is rather hard, I am hoping thats just the koni's breaking in.

geeio
04-18-2013, 08:24 PM
if you are using the correct camber plates they will work just fine, i have the hotchkis camber plates and they work fine with the stock suspension , and i have since then gone with h&r full coil overs and they work just the same.

captaingamez
04-23-2013, 10:52 AM
well that would be totally awesome if you could get the hotchkis plates anymore.

Hasbro
04-23-2013, 11:08 AM
well that would be totally awesome if you could get the hotchkis plates anymore.

You should be able to pick up a used set on ClubRSX. May take a while but they are out there.

captaingamez
04-23-2013, 06:42 PM
yea i think im going to make a wanted add, are you using them Hasbro? do they decrease the damper travel in any way like the camber/caster plates do?

I have had my koni's on stock upper mounts for almost 2000 miles now, handling great, but NEED camber, i got nothing in the corners, its poop.

captaingamez
04-28-2013, 10:56 AM
yea i think im going to make a wanted add, are you using them Hasbro? do they decrease the damper travel in any way like the camber/caster plates do?.

????

mattst3r
06-10-2013, 10:58 AM
how much would konis + eibach springs lower my car? maybe kyb's and eibach? would I need a camber kit? i'm new to this stuff and not really trying to do too much and I'm using it as my DD.

In the future, planning to put some 17"'s on my car, will I have any problems with rubbing?

Hasbro
06-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Koni recommends no lower than 1.25".