PDA

View Full Version : 4 lug with itr lower control arms?

Powers
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
I want to get the itr lower control arms and stay four lug. I know people have done it with a ball joint adapter. I've read on it an apparently king motorsports makes it but I can't find where to buy it at all. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Also about how much caster with itr lca's give me. I plan on putting pci spherical bearings in there too.

HondaFreak
04-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I want to get the itr lower control arms and stay four lug. I know people have done it with a ball joint adapter. I've read on it an apparently king motorsports makes it but I can't find where to buy it at all. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Also about how much caster with itr lca's give me. I plan on putting pci spherical bearings in there too.

I believe you have to call and order them. As I recall they don't have them on the site. They are inserts for the aluminum LCA's to fit the smaller EP3 ball joint.
King's number (262) 522-7558
GL!

Christian

P.S. Has nothing to do with 4 lug, just the smaller EP3 ball joint.

WhiteComet
04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
I have the DC5R lcas with King adapter installed and it gave me virtually no caster. The main benefit is just the lighter unspringweight, a slighty wider stance in the front which gives you some additional negative camber, and the harder rubber bushings.

Canuck Civic
04-04-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-4336-king-motorsports-front-lower-control-arm-ball-joint-inserts.aspx

HondaFreak
04-04-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-4336-king-motorsports-front-lower-control-arm-ball-joint-inserts.aspx

Well there you go.

The offset pillow ball bushings give you around 1° of caster.

Christian

Hasbro
04-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Don't know how I wound up with 1.8 without the buhings?

HondaFreak
04-04-2013, 07:49 PM

I'm guessing you either got a different manufacturer than me with a little more offset. Or the alignment reading was off. Doesn't make sense to me. I know install has a little to do with it. Mine were within .1° from left to right.

Christian

Hasbro
04-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I don't get it either but I'm not complaining. I'll be getting corner weighed at a high rep race shop soon. We'll see.

captaingamez
04-05-2013, 08:06 AM
I don't get it either but I'm not complaining. I'll be getting corner weighed at a high rep race shop soon. We'll see.

where is said race shop for those of us not in the know? i have been looking for a coner balancing place in AZ for years, literally.

Powers
04-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks Canuck. An Are you positive te lca's don't give you anymore caster all the reading I have done says otherwise.

o2ep3
04-07-2013, 04:17 AM
im using the dc5r lca's with kingmotorsports adapters. the only problem i seem to run into is using this setup with hardrace rca ball joints. there is not enough threads to torque the castle nut and get in a cottor pin. i now have to have a nut made to have this setup work properly. i also have the pci sphericals in as well and it loves getting hard on corners. i had a basic alignment done last season but next weekend i will be weighing and balancing everything with a new alignment.

USAF EP3
04-08-2013, 12:56 AM

Same here, I have 1.8* driver side and about 1.75* passenger side with the ITR LCA's. Before I think I was less than a degree on each side.

Hasbro
04-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Same here, I have 1.8* driver side and about 1.75* passenger side with the ITR LCA's. Before I think I was less than a degree on each side.

I guess we're just that awesome.

If memory serves me (which it doesn't), if the opposing wheels's caster is not equal they can work against each other. I'm at 1.4/1.8 so I need that fixed when getting corner weighed. The caster plates will make remediation simple.

USAF EP3
04-08-2013, 01:19 AM
I guess we're just that awesome.

If memory serves me (which it doesn't), if the opposing wheels's caster is not equal they can work against each other. I'm at 1.4/1.8 so I need that fixed when getting corner weighed. The caster plates will make remediation simple.

Compliance bushings will do that if they are shot. I would get them looked at and see if you need replacements. Time for some PCI spherical bearing bushings! That means even more caster lol!

It could be that or your subframe might be misaligned the last time it was installed. I know that messed with my caster a few times when I dropped my transmission for my clutch and swapping my engine.

Powers
04-08-2013, 03:16 AM
I know you need the itr front sway with these too but what about cv shafts? Do you need longer cv shafts and would itr ones fit into the 4 lug knuckle?

Hasbro
04-08-2013, 04:12 AM
Compliance bushings will do that if they are shot. I would get them looked at and see if you need replacements. Time for some PCI spherical bearing bushings! That means even more caster lol!

It could be that or your subframe might be misaligned the last time it was installed. I know that messed with my caster a few times when I dropped my transmission for my clutch and swapping my engine.

Good points. The installer agreed that they were fine. No bushings for a while until I know where I'm going. They will be nice to fine tune with Never messed with the sub frame. The caster plates will clean it all up.

USAF EP3
04-09-2013, 12:09 AM
I know you need the itr front sway with these too but what about cv shafts? Do you need longer cv shafts and would itr ones fit into the 4 lug knuckle?

Only if you're using the ITR knuckles/spindles assembly.

You also don't need the sway bar but it would be ideal to have it if you can source it.

And no, the ITR shaft splines won't fit. RSX-S/DC5R shafts = 36mm axle nut. All others = 32mm axle nuts

Powers
04-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Alright thanks a lot brother. One more question though. What's the difference between the mugen arms on kings website and the stock Jdm ones?

USAF EP3
04-09-2013, 08:59 PM
Alright thanks a lot brother. One more question though. What's the difference between the mugen arms on kings website and the stock Jdm ones?

I'm going to assume they have Mugen's compliance bushings pressed in instead of the stock Honda bushings.

Hasbro
04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm going to assume they have Mugen's compliance bushings pressed in instead of the stock Honda bushings.

It looks that way in the pic. It would be worth it, then. I wonder what size the ball joint bushing is. Definately worth a call.

Powers
04-10-2013, 03:17 AM
I might call them when I wake up to find out for sure.

Hasbro
04-10-2013, 03:45 AM
I might call them when I wake up to find out for sure.

Ha ha, you are so hooked!

Powers
04-10-2013, 04:52 PM
Hahaha man I was hooked before the Ep.

I have a jeep wrangle that I did a small block Chevy V8 conversion on. 350 small block a 700r4 tranny adapted to the stock np231j transfer case and a ford 8.8 rear end.

But anyway back to the Ep world yes I am hooked haha