PDA

View Full Version : Washed Car, Now Airbag Light Is On?

.colin
04-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Washed the interior and exterior of the EP today and after I was done I went to go for a quick spin and my Airbag light was on :meek:?!?!

http://www.use.com/images/s_3/Honda_Civic_EP3_Airbag_Light_Removal_5faae3e9ecd93 27dfb16.jpg

A little background on my EP because it's possible this is related. My car was flooded 2 years ago, water came up to the seat rails inside the car. Insurance company didn't total it out because it apparently only had 1k worth of damage. The shop they sent it to ripped up all the carpet, insulation, cleaned everything, then put it all back together. After I picked up my car and drove it for a few days the airbag light came on. I called my agent and demanded it be fixed since it was most likely related to the flood or them poking around underneath the carpet. The shop investigated and found a worn wire underneath / in the b-pillar that was causing the light to come on. They didn't accept responsibility for it, but they fixed it.

Anybody have any ideas what could have caused this unrelated to the issues I mentioned above? If not I'm calling my agent Monday and demanding this be taken care of.

si.hatch
04-07-2013, 06:18 AM
looks like you need to check that wire. They could have put a butt connector on it and it may have come loose

mitchlikesbikes
04-07-2013, 08:16 PM
did you take the seats out to clean it? if you take the seats out and unplug the buckles to vacuum without unhooking the battery first the SRS light will come on. ask me how i know hahaha

.colin
04-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I did the SRS reset last night like 30 times and it didn't stay off. Did it tonight and got it the first try. I think the key was I was using a zinc plated cotter pin before, this time I used electrical wire.