PDA

View Full Version : Newb Questions

eloc49
04-09-2013, 01:27 PM
I am planning on buying the Tein Basis coilovers this summer and have some questions. First, does anyone have experience with these? I cant seem to find reviews. I know people love to bash the BASICS but I've heard good thing about the basis ones. Second, I am planning on going at least 2 inches down, should I get inverted/new factory tie rod ends? Again, I apologize for being a noob but this will be my first time messing around with any car's suspension. (Getting friends that are semi experienced to help) Thanks!

T_Virus
04-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I had Tein Basics on my ep3 for more than 4 or 5 years before I sold my hatch . Really good for DD. I never had issues with them. I don't remember if I went with the t1r tie rods or not. But is is always good to improvise than staying with the stock parts.

LvEp3
04-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Another noob checking in. I am also looking at the basis. If I buy the kit is that all I need or is there other items that must be replaced . Would a camber kit be needed?

EP3Lov3
04-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Another noob checking in. I am also looking at the basis. If I buy the kit is that all I need or is there other items that must be replaced . Would a camber kit be needed?
depends how low you go and if you wanna alter your alignment more that oem specs

.colin
04-12-2013, 09:09 AM
A camber kit is a must if you want your car to be setup properly. The rear is going to flare out and be in the neighborhood of -2 degrees. You'll want to pull it back in so you aren't dragging the ass around. The front on the other hand would only be needed if you want more negative camber. Since you'll have everything apart and need an alignment anyways, might as well do it the right way.

The inverted tie rods are to correct the angle of the tie rods. Again, since you'll have it all apart anyways might as well go the extra mile. Once you lower the EP past a certain point, the tie rods angle up which results in poor handling / steering.

After you get everything setup, check out this thread for alignment advice:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=408267&highlight=Zzyzx

Of course all this is only if you're trying to make your car handle better. If you just want to be low and look cool forget about buying camber kits, high performance alignments, and inverted tie rods.

eloc49
04-14-2013, 05:52 PM
I am also looking at the Megan Racing Street setup, because its got the straight arm so I wouldn't need the inverted tie rods. Anyone have experience with these? Im looking for longevity and this is just a low n' slow DD. I'm only looking at the inverted tie rods because I'm a poor college student and don't want to have to replace more stuff in the future.

m3nace
04-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I have them they ride fine if you just wanna be low and slow

eloc49
04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Okay, if I go with the Megan's do you suggest buying new factory tie rod ends, a lot of things ive read said they break and I don't to be SOL for a few days waiting for new parts.