PDA

View Full Version : D2 coilover spring

zdiddy22
04-11-2013, 08:02 AM
This is probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone knows if any other springs will fit on the d2 type rs coilovers. When i launch the car it squats horribly. I know there is more to it than just changing springs (struts and such), but figure I would see if anyone knows before I drop $1700 on a new set.

USAF EP3
04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Measure the length of the springs. Check with Swift Springs for lengths and custom rates you wish to order.

In conclusion, yes you can swap springs out, I have D2 coils as well.

ep_hatcher_510
04-11-2013, 11:58 PM
This is probably a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone knows if any other springs will fit on the d2 type rs coilovers. When i launch the car it squats horribly. I know there is more to it than just changing springs (struts and such), but figure I would see if anyone knows before I drop $1700 on a new set.

Measure length and inner diameter of the spring, and check the spring rates. Most of the time the information is printed on the spring itself, you just gotta figure out how to read it.

So it three things : Length, inner diameter, spring rate.

Then go looks for companies such as swift, Hyperco, eibach, etc.. most likely they will make your size, then just go out and find a place than can get them for you.

BTW i would go at most +- 2-3k change of spring rates on your current dampers.