PDA

View Full Version : What kind of axles for OEM EP3 type R brake conversion.

Bigorneau
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
I can get my hand on a pretty cheap EP3 R brake conversion but I can't find what kind of axle you need to run with them. Both my axle were changed in the last 6 months so I would rather just upgrade my pads and discs in the case I need 36mm axles.
Also I just purchased a DC5 R suspension and know I need to grind the rear bushings and put Element/Rsx Tie Rod ends. But if I get the full EP3 R brakes with the trailing arms do the rear shock bushing need to be trimmed or will it fit bolt on ?

Thank you I searched quite a while and didn't find what I was looking for.

Google was not my friend today.

captaingamez
04-16-2013, 07:59 PM
if you run the DC5R control arms you need the DC5R axles, if my understanding is correct

Blah1219
04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
I can get my hand on a pretty cheap EP3 R brake conversion but I can't find what kind of axle you need to run with them. Both my axle were changed in the last 6 months so I would rather just upgrade my pads and discs in the case I need 36mm axles.
Also I just purchased a DC5 R suspension and know I need to grind the rear bushings and put Element/Rsx Tie Rod ends. But if I get the full EP3 R brakes with the trailing arms do the rear shock bushing need to be trimmed or will it fit bolt on ?

Thank you I searched quite a while and didn't find what I was looking for.

Google was not my friend today.

ep3 = 32mm
dc5 = 36mm

Yes you will need to run type-r axles with a type-r brake conversion. Also you remember the type-r axles run long and the the hub sticks out so you will need to run high offset rims. Type-r rims have +60 offset if that means anything to you.

I don't know anything about the trimming on the shocks.

Bwek
04-22-2013, 05:16 AM
If you are running CTR NON-BREMBO and Steel front Lower Control arm you just run RSX type S Axles CTR brakes are pretty much Identical to Type s brakes except the 04-05 CTR brakes have front calipers that say "Type R"

Bigorneau
04-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Thank you that was the info I was looking for, in the end I kept stock settup and put in some Hawks.

maccrap
05-30-2013, 03:29 AM
I'm running ep3r front brakes, n my 04 and they've been on my car for almost 2 years.... All I did was goto rsx sized rotors and mounted the calipers... Working fine for the last several years

AKEP
06-07-2013, 06:40 AM
If you are running CTR NON-BREMBO and Steel front Lower Control arm you just run RSX type S Axles CTR brakes are pretty much Identical to Type s brakes except the 04-05 CTR brakes have front calipers that say "Type R"

this one. steel LCA's just need dc5s axles for the ctr. also if you're running the non-brembo knuckles on dc5r lca's you can use dc5s axles. you only need dc5r axles if you get both knuckles AND lcas.