PDA

View Full Version : Rsx S 6 speed

klik
04-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Sup guys. I found a rsx s 6 speed on craigslist and im pickin up the tranny this afternoon. The tranny is still connected the k20a2 which is out of a wreck rsx, the guy want me to take the tranny out. Question is since i never taken out a tranny before, what do i look for? how can i tell if its 6 speed?:mbiggrin: is there any letters on the bell housing that indicates its a 6 speed. He want $600 for it and it has 60k miles on it suppose, which i wont be able to tell since he only have the engine. I wont install this for a while since im not complete on parts yet for my k24a2 swap. Btw the ill be receving the engine next week. i got it from here $1625 shipped http://www.urgpartsearch.com/link/searchresults.cfm?RequestTimeout=500

klik
04-28-2013, 09:39 AM
http://aceautonj.com/ I got the engine here if you looking for a k24a2 Talk to Junior Morgan, last week he had a 2007 one with 33k miles for $1450 plus $275 shipping

lemonhead228
04-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Type the vin in google. It should tell you if its a type s or not.

Let us kno how the engine is. I might get it from them when my money is right lol

captaingamez
04-28-2013, 06:23 PM
is there a vin on the tranny?, it should shift through 6 gears and reverse with the shifting mechanism on the tranny.

klik
04-28-2013, 06:47 PM
is there a vin on the tranny?, it should shift through 6 gears and reverse with the shifting mechanism on the tranny.

Yeah the vin is in the tranny. I got the the tranny already and was bolted to the k20a2 which i have to take out. The tranny is legit it even has the (x2m5) code on the bell housing. It even has the stock clutch and flys on it which it look good.:mbiggrin:

captaingamez
04-28-2013, 06:56 PM
nizzice, do we have to mod our shifters to install the 6 speed? what does the mod consist of?

civsirmt
04-28-2013, 07:49 PM
so there is a green vin tag on the tranny? if so then great, and i dont think i had to change anything when i converted to 6speed it was a direct swap, oh maybe the flywheel or something. sorry it has been a while,and i had kpro i dont know if you have to have that now a days to make the switch. but the tranny swap was awsome though enjoy.

klik
04-28-2013, 10:09 PM
nizzice, do we have to mod our shifters to install the 6 speed? what does the mod consist of?

I think we only have to take out a piece of plactic on the shifter mechanism for the reverse.

klik
04-28-2013, 10:10 PM
so there is a green vin tag on the tranny? if so then great, and i dont think i had to change anything when i converted to 6speed it was a direct swap, oh maybe the flywheel or something. sorry it has been a while,and i had kpro i dont know if you have to have that now a days to make the switch. but the tranny swap was awsome though enjoy.

Yes thanks i cant wait to finish this project. i have kpro already together with this 6 speed and the k24a2. I just need few more parts and im good to go.