PDA

View Full Version : K20a2 swap, want to get jrsc

bboynumero3
04-28-2013, 01:46 PM
I recently swapped a k20a2 and six speed in my 02 ep3. It is deffinetely alot of fun, but it still leaves me craving more. I want to go with a jackson racing supercharger, because I want the instant throttle response and reliability, because this is my dd. I figure with the right pulley setup and a good tune, I should be able to net around 275-300 whp, and that will keep me happy. My question is, has anyone done this ? Which kit do I use, is there any modification necissary ? If anyone knows of a thread about this already, point me towards it, because I wasn't able to find much. Thanks

T_Virus
04-28-2013, 02:24 PM
go rotrex, you'll be even more happier. lol.

bboynumero3
04-28-2013, 03:27 PM
go rotrex, you'll be even more happier. lol.

I am looking for something for a usdm ep3. Well, technically its canadian, but its the same. All I'm seeing is for the type r

captaingamez
04-28-2013, 05:22 PM
you dont want to get the jrsc right now from what i heard, jackson is about to change their whole setup and not use roots type chargers anymore. so if you want JRSC, i would wait like a year.

Kraftwerks Rotrex FTW

klik
04-28-2013, 06:48 PM
turbo

captaingamez
04-28-2013, 07:43 PM
turbo

mmmmmmmmmm, snails.....

Lucid Moments
04-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Eh, depends on what you really want. The roots style blower is nice for a DD, it gives you torque that the 2.0 just doesn't have otherwise. Its like driving a car with a bigger motor, and the OP says this is his DD.

Admittedly the roots JRSC won't give you the highest HP you can get, it has distinct limitations in that regards, but it can be a good choice for a DD.

And to answer the OP's question get the RSX-s version. It will require a little modification of the upper radiator support but nothing major.

speedking604
05-02-2013, 06:42 PM
I have 2002 ep3 swap with k20z1 engine and 6 speed tranny both from 2005 rsx type s with jrsc and tuned with k-pro.
im thinking of selling it if you really interested. it comes with everything you need in order to run 9-10 psi.
email me if your interested>>> jarwin@rogers.com
I can answer everything you want to know. its been really reliable since the day 1 I installed it and never had any problem till today.

bboynumero3
02-20-2014, 04:28 PM
Sorry to revive my old thread, but I am back on wanting a supercharger. Over the last few months I've bounced from wanting a turbo, all motor, now back to SC.
I have my A3 crank pulley on my swap, So what size of pulley would I need for around 9 psi of boost ? Do I need to swap out my tensioner, and if so, which one do i get ? And belt size ? Does anyone know if anybody still has jrsc new ? I've seen them one two different sites, but its hard to tell if they are updated or not. Also, how similar is the CT supercharger to a jrsc ? because they still have those new for the rsx, and I'm wondering if it would fit on my ep, and if It would be possible to aftercool it. Thanks for any replies

tsxdriver
02-24-2014, 02:41 AM
Sorry to revive my old thread, but I am back on wanting a supercharger. Over the last few months I've bounced from wanting a turbo, all motor, now back to SC.
I have my A3 crank pulley on my swap, So what size of pulley would I need for around 9 psi of boost ? Do I need to swap out my tensioner, and if so, which one do i get ? And belt size ? Does anyone know if anybody still has jrsc new ? I've seen them one two different sites, but its hard to tell if they are updated or not. Also, how similar is the CT supercharger to a jrsc ? because they still have those new for the rsx, and I'm wondering if it would fit on my ep, and if It would be possible to aftercool it. Thanks for any replies
I'm running my old TSX spec CT charger on my K24A2 swapped EP. It is possible to aftercool as well. Look into the Merc aftercoolers. http://mercracing.net/products-page/comptech-ct-eng/

differentK
02-24-2014, 02:39 PM

With the a3 crank- i think the 3.8 pulley gives about 9psi. You can use your stock autotensioner with the JRSC- you might need to modify it to suit your setup but thats not difficult. The JRSC for any model has been discontinued- so finding a new one will be difficult. Used will be the easiest and cheapest for you. They pop up from time to time. The CT kit new for the rsx is a pretty penny- but it should bolt right up and fit in your EP- euro yellow on here runs one on his k24 swapped EP. The CT kits are rated to make a little bit more power than the JRSC due to a slightly better flowing intake manifold. You can aftercool the rsx JRSC or CT kits- mercracing and imt make kits for them. They are not EP specific so you will have to customize them a little bit to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk