PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Recaro seats in the EP

K20A3
01-15-2003, 09:36 AM
The seats in the EP are great.
The seats in the EP are not Recaro.

I already was told earlier by Honda that the seats were not Recaro and I was flamed when I stated as much. To get confirmation I contacted Recaro and below is the result of that inquiry.

quote:

Dear Mr XXXXX,

I received your mail from RECARO info-service today.

The 2002 and 2003 models of Honda Civic Si seats USA are not
equipped with RECARO seats. We equip only the Honda Civic R-Type for
the
japanese market with our OEM seats.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Kurt Staib
QS9000 OEM

RECARO GmbH & Co. KG
---------------------------------------
Stuttgarter Strasse 73
73230 Kirchheim / Teck
Tel.: 0049 (0) 70 21 / 93-5247

-end quote.

So flame away. But as great as the seats in the EP are, they are not RECARO and if you represent them as such you are lying to people.

r3p00c
01-15-2003, 10:05 AM
*beats the dead horse a little bit more*

even if they are designed by recaro, they aren't going to tell you that they are, for the same reason they didn't slap they're name on the seat. they don't have the licenses for the US to label them as such.

i feel a lock coming on... :D

Jpax
01-15-2003, 10:26 AM
GEZZZZZZZZZ........

K20A3
01-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Paxie,

Then why did you open and reply to this topic if you did not give a s#%&? LMAO!

K20A3

I have no plans to sell the seats in my EP. I like them. So why did I post this? Because if you are buying Recaro you are buying the name. I just hate to see people saying "hey, these are Recaro seats" just to screw someone out of their $. Recaro has no reason to lie about the seats. Any licensing argument is just BS.

silver ep
01-15-2003, 10:57 AM
http://www.redbeet.com/images/pa-face.jpg
:D

Will2K2
01-15-2003, 11:10 AM
You fucken monkies always believe what dealers tell you? :mad:

heres what one dealer told me about a year ago when I asked about the new Si (dealer in upstate NY)

"I'm the sales manager here and I can guarantee you that Honda are not coming out with either a Hatchback or another Si"

I believe that Honda either buys our seats from Recaro or the company who supplies recaro (often there is a root manufacturer).

Think of it:

-our seats are almost identical to several models of Recaro
-honda gets seats for other cars from Recaro
-why not just buy seats from Recaro?, for our car?

Jackass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W

fishboy
01-15-2003, 11:22 AM
maybe recaro got confused and thought you were talking about the 99-00 si like all shops in the san diego area do.:D you should have specified, "you know the new hatchback with the shifter on the dash."

K20A3
01-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Damn, tell you something you don't want to hear and you get hostile.

Do I believe Honda dealer? No. Do I believe Honda USA that told me that the seats were not Recaro? Yes, but still was not certain.

Do I believe Recaro GmbH when they say they the seats in USA Si are not Recaro? Yes, I am not stupid and in denial as some of you people are.

Am I calling you all jackasses? No, but Will2K2 certainly fits in that category.

Just as well lock this topic, as too many of you can not handle the truth.

I've provided the info. that I received and am done with this subject. Has Recaro said the seats were OEM then I would have posted that info.. It's just not the way it happened.

Jpax
01-15-2003, 11:38 AM

Jpax
01-15-2003, 11:39 AM

ssvr6
01-15-2003, 11:56 AM
No matter how funny this is...all good things must come to an end.

Steve