PDA

View Full Version : Got my k24a2 and rsx s 6 spd.

klik
05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Gor the k24 yesterday and the 6 spd last week. Im xcited about this project next purchace is plm race header and CC stage 2 clutch and lightweight flys.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f152/klik8/15708D6B-orig_zpsbc1ad818.jpg?t=1367903318
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f152/klik8/8885AF2B-orig_zpse5b200fe.jpg?t=1367903267
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f152/klik8/069279F5-orig_zpsd1484930.jpg?t=1367903414

lemonhead228
05-07-2013, 07:51 PM
That awesome bro

02CivicSI-VTEC
05-07-2013, 07:55 PM
let me know when you want to swap it in.

superchargedk20
05-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Buy a turbo while ur at it :)

klik
05-07-2013, 09:22 PM
thanks guys. Ill let you know Kyle but i think i need few more small parts before i do it like crv mount and karcept tb adapter. Question though, the ep3 already has 150k miles on her should i change the axles already while im on it? what about starter and alternators? if so what else need replacing? thanks (i dont wanna think about turbo now lol)

Ba82Ep3
05-07-2013, 09:58 PM
You can take the alternator and starter apart and check the condition of the brushes/commutator before you waste money on replacing the component. The PDF manuals are a great resource for this.

I would however replace the water pump, and be sure the oil pump is up to par. Those are more difficult to replace once the engine is installed, and/or can do high dollar damage to the engine if they fail.

Axles: if they click, or the splines that go into the diff or the halfshaft are sharp (not squared off like teeth on a gear are) then replace them. Otherwise, buy new boots and bands and repack them with new grease... then put them back to use.

Grats on the setup... youll love the power!

klik
05-07-2013, 10:07 PM
You can take the alternator and starter apart and check the condition of the brushes/commutator before you waste money on replacing the component. The PDF manuals are a great resource for this.

I would however replace the water pump, and be sure the oil pump is up to par. Those are more difficult to replace once the engine is installed, and/or can do high dollar damage to the engine if they fail.

Axles: if they click, or the splines that go into the diff or the halfshaft are sharp (not squared off like teeth on a gear are) then replace them. Otherwise, buy new boots and bands and repack them with new grease... then put them back to use.

Grats on the setup... youll love the power!

Cool thanks, as for the water pump i understand im using the k24 one right? the tsx motor only has 40k miles im assuming that the waterpump still works and the oil pump, and where do i get the PDF manual thanks.

Ba82Ep3
05-07-2013, 10:42 PM
If youre on k20a.org, the easiest place is off of moderator Signalpuke's signature. You can get one for the k20a3/k20a2 and the information there will cover 95% of k24a1/k24a2 building/teardown/maintenance. I also have one for the k20z2/k20z3, dont remember where i got it, but its good to have for updated 6 speed transmission rebuild info. If i had a way to fileshare i would pass on what i have, but i dont. They are fairly large files.

Yes use the k24a2 water pump. 40k miles is great! Length of downtime can ruin a water pump, even though it isnt being used. I think they are like $45, and the gasket (o ring) is $6.

klik
05-07-2013, 10:53 PM
If youre on k20a.org, the easiest place is off of moderator Signalpuke's signature. You can get one for the k20a3/k20a2 and the information there will cover 95% of k24a1/k24a2 building/teardown/maintenance. I also have one for the k20z2/k20z3, dont remember where i got it, but its good to have for updated 6 speed transmission rebuild info. If i had a way to fileshare i would pass on what i have, but i dont. They are fairly large files.

Yes use the k24a2 water pump. 40k miles is great! Length of downtime can ruin a water pump, even though it isnt being used. I think they are like $45, and the gasket (o ring) is $6.

Thanks, so

Ba82Ep3
05-07-2013, 11:49 PM
damn thats a killer deal... for an 08 k24a2 too.. dayum...

gtecd20
05-08-2013, 12:01 AM
congrats bro we will be talking alot more soon i am going to do the same build lol post lots of pics

klik
05-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Wussup gtec. The jrsc is not cutting it no more ha? Get a big block. But yeah i was just searching car-parts.com for at least a month before i found the right motor. You will be suprise how some auto wreckers do not know the value of the k24a2 lol.

klik
05-08-2013, 03:26 AM
This was the tsx before it got wreck i guess when i type the vin #http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/Report.cfx?inventoryId=262893093&consumerZip=08816&source=CFX

gtecd20
05-08-2013, 04:22 PM
oh i love the JRSC but i want more power lol, seems to never be enough. I have been told the SC should work with the k24a2 block so my goal is to add it to that once i get it. I want to get close to 300hp

gtecd20
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM
This was the tsx before it got wreck i guess when i type the vin # http://carlotbot.com/car/295904

that was a clean looking TSX

02CivicSI-VTEC
05-08-2013, 05:47 PM
the supercharge will not work unless you block of the water port for the tsx.

gtecd20
05-08-2013, 06:19 PM
is that the same for the k24a1?

beechstreet
05-08-2013, 09:05 PM
damn man you got a killer deal on that motor and tranny! congrats man! glad to see an OG still doing big things!

klik
05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
damn man you got a killer deal on that motor and tranny! congrats man! glad to see an OG still doing big things!

Sup beechstreet, hell yeah men i had my up and downs you know, i almost traded my ep to a s2k and evo a year back, But i love the ep so much that i rather make her fast than drop another car payment.

klik
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Cleaned her a little bit and hook her up to the engine stand.:mcool:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f152/klik8/8E395A43-orig_zpsbb55ff4c.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f152/klik8/1E5A2AD6-orig_zps35c7136d.jpg?t=1368074533

gtecd20
05-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Omg jizzed in my pants so sexy

superchargedk20
05-08-2013, 09:51 PM
When u dropping it in ?

klik
05-08-2013, 09:53 PM
that was a clean looking TSX

Yeah dude, the TSX actually has 33127 exact miles before it went to the junkyard according to carfax when they send me the vin.

klik
05-08-2013, 09:56 PM
When u dropping it in ?

maybe 1-3 month since im really busy at work this summer and i need few more parts like clutch, flywheel, motor mounts and other small parts. Ill be here alot to ask question from you guys that had done swaps hehehe.

klik
05-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Check this place where i got my motor they have another 2008 ones. http://aceautonj.com/ search 2008 tsx on the parts search section.

Ba82Ep3
05-08-2013, 10:16 PM
oh i love the JRSC but i want more power lol, seems to never be enough. I have been told the SC should work with the k24a2 block so my goal is to add it to that once i get it. I want to get close to 300hp

The JRSC will work fine, but because of the volumetric difference between a 2 liter and a 2.4, you will lose boost. Yes you can go to a smaller pulley (charger) or larger pulley (crank pulley) to get it back but youre just spinning the charger faster and building higher temps for your A/F charge. Do it right the first time and make sure you have at least 11.1 compression, so your charger has less work to do to make that 300whp you want...

klik
05-08-2013, 10:21 PM
The JRSC will work fine, but because of the volumetric difference between a 2 liter and a 2.4, you will lose boost. Yes you can go to a smaller pulley (charger) or larger pulley (crank pulley) to get it back but youre just spinning the charger faster and building higher temps for your A/F charge. Do it right the first time and make sure you have at least 11.1 compression, so your charger has less work to do to make that 300whp you want...

Make sense, so he will need to upgrade pistons before he can drop the jrsc on a k24.

lemonhead228
05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Make sense, so he will need to upgrade pistons before he can drop the jrsc on a k24.

Not neccessary. He can run flat face valves to bump compression by .2 or.3 cr.. Swapping the head to a prb will also bump compression plus it will net higher hp since it's a better flowing head. Or thinner head gasket.

Ba82Ep3
05-10-2013, 03:11 AM

He wouldnt NEED to... but it would be a BETTER way to get a k24 with JRSC to 300whp. The JRSC has a limit, very similar to any turbo (read: compressor map). Spinning the JRSC to make 9psi on a k24 makes the intake fuel/air charge hotter than making 9psi on a k20... because it has to spin a lot faster to do so. A hot intake air/fuel charge makes less power because you have to remove ignition to be safe. You can run e85 or spray meth to counteract this, but both options are either costly/involved or require constant maintenance/replenishment.

If you raise the compression ratio of the pistons, the engine will make more power naturally, and the JRSC will need to spin slower (larger pulley) to make the same power goal. The intake fuel/air charge from the SC will be cooler, you will hit your power goal a lot easier, and without constantly adding to/maintaining a meth setup on a lower compression engine.

Its the curse of the roots style blower... air doesnt like to be churned between rotors at 20,000 rpm. lol

klik
05-10-2013, 08:05 AM
So you guys suggest stock motor mounts right? Hasport rear and esmm upfront? So innovative 75a is overkill.

Eddie Murphy
05-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Nice pick up...Awesome build and great info.

klik
05-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Nice pick up...Awesome build and great info.
Thanks. I hope to finish it up in 2 months but im in no rush to drop it.

Ba82Ep3
05-10-2013, 09:35 PM
So you guys suggest stock motor mounts right? Hasport rear and esmm upfront? So innovative 75a is overkill.

Unless you plan on a lot of strip time... that setup will be all you need on the street...

klik
05-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Unless you plan on a lot of strip time... that setup will be all you need on the street...

cool thanks. I need a replacement tranny mount anyways mine is rip.

gtecd20
05-11-2013, 03:49 PM
He wouldnt NEED to... but it would be a BETTER way to get a k24 with JRSC to 300whp. The JRSC has a limit, very similar to any turbo (read: compressor map). Spinning the JRSC to make 9psi on a k24 makes the intake fuel/air charge hotter than making 9psi on a k20... because it has to spin a lot faster to do so. A hot intake air/fuel charge makes less power because you have to remove ignition to be safe. You can run e85 or spray meth to counteract this, but both options are either costly/involved or require constant maintenance/replenishment.

If you raise the compression ratio of the pistons, the engine will make more power naturally, and the JRSC will need to spin slower (larger pulley) to make the same power goal. The intake fuel/air charge from the SC will be cooler, you will hit your power goal a lot easier, and without constantly adding to/maintaining a meth setup on a lower compression engine.

Its the curse of the roots style blower... air doesnt like to be churned between rotors at 20,000 rpm. lol

thanks for the info, yea im still debating either trying to get 300hp NA or running boost. i know if i sell the SC will almost cover the charges of the engine

superchargedk20
05-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Methonal injection is insanely cheap. And there is zero maintenance. You can run washer fluid which is 2 bucks. U have it tuned so it sprays only at a certain psi. U can tune it through kpro in the nitros settings. Sorry Def gona have to disagree on the above statements about Meth. Me, differentk, and 04ep3hatch ran meth on our jrsc and im sure if they see this thread they will vouch its one of the better / cost effective mods for a jrsc. Go on crsx to get more info on meth on jrsc , unfortunately besides me Dan, and differentk I don't know anyone who ran meth on a jrsc, on this site. But from my experiences , best mod i did for my jrsc... Differentk is well over 300whp on his k24a2 with meth.

klik
05-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Damn 300 whp is fucken cool. Would i be able to hit 220whp with just kpro i/rh/e with my k24a2?

Ba82Ep3
05-12-2013, 09:12 AM
Methonal injection is insanely cheap. And there is zero maintenance. You can run washer fluid which is 2 bucks. U have it tuned so it sprays only at a certain psi. U can tune it through kpro in the nitros settings. Sorry Def gona have to disagree on the above statements about Meth. Me, differentk, and 04ep3hatch ran meth on our jrsc and im sure if they see this thread they will vouch its one of the better / cost effective mods for a jrsc. Go on crsx to get more info on meth on jrsc , unfortunately besides me Dan, and differentk I don't know anyone who ran meth on a jrsc, on this site. But from my experiences , best mod i did for my jrsc... Differentk is well over 300whp on his k24a2 with meth.

Really? Youve never heard anyone have an issue with clogged jetting? Pump failure? Wiring issues? And you cant disagree with the maintenance, because adding fluid is maintenance. Its something you have to do to maintain the system for proper use...

Im not saying meth isnt good, or a viable way to setup an SC'd k24... im saying i dont feel it is the BEST way to set up a 300whp JRSC'd k24. The greatest thing about the JRSC is it can be virtually maintenance free. Aside from changing the fluid (which you would have to do less often if the charger was spun at a lower RPM), and the belt (which would need to be done anyways)... its plug and play. Why complicate it?

superchargedk20
05-12-2013, 09:36 AM
I'm sure there are. But did I personally have any of those issues ? Nope. And the people on here that run it also I know don't have those issues.... You can't run modified things and expect them to work 100% , that goes for any part... Filling it once every 3-4 months for maybe 2 dollars isn't something I would call "maintenance". People have more issues with belt slippage than maintaining a simple meth kit. There's no such thing as having a modded car and being maintenance free. A jrsc u still have to worry about charger oil, belt slippage, manifold leaks, vaccum leaks, high temps, different pulleys and crank pulleys to attain proper boost levels, and rebuilding the charger. Unless u plan to spend money on an aftercooler which is well over a grand and needs to be custom made or u find someone else selling one on crsx, ur best alternative is meth. Good luck finding another way of keeping ur temps down on that k24 spinning that blower

Ba82Ep3
05-12-2013, 02:35 PM
As you say you had no problems when you ran meth, i had none of the issues you stated people had with the JRSC. So maybe those JRSC issues are tuner/builder based... and not kit based?

The whole point of raising your compression is to avoid spinning the blower so high you need meth. Did you read everything thats been discussed?

Facts are: Higher compression will allow you to make the same power with less boost (less rpm)... WITHOUT meth or any expensive aftercooler kit. Again... KISS.

superchargedk20
05-12-2013, 02:51 PM
So u want someone to rip apart there bottom end and replace pistons rods etc etc, all the down time and money that's gona cost. Not to mention if OP even knows how to do all this or he would need a shop to do. Instead of buying a simple meth kit that costs at the most maybe 120? to reach the same result of 300whp? That makes total sense... Wheres differentk when u need em.

I've read everything discussed. Changing ur pistons and ripping apart ur bottom end is a complete waste of time and money when ur GOAL is ONLY 300whp

Ba82Ep3
05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
OK... this apparently got blown (get it) outta proportion.

No one is saying your way is right and mine is wrong... but apparently some have worse luck with certain setups than others.

For you, you would rather pay someone to do the work for you (thats not bad, its a fact). If youre afraid to swap pistons yourself (lack of build knowledge/expense)... dont press that on someone else as a reason to follow a certain path.

Me? Gimme the damn tools/parts and let me do the work. I offer my experiences as viable options, not doctrine, for the enthusiast willing to get dirty. My bad...

Did i say anything negative about your posts, or say " man where is so and so to back me up". No. i stated fact... and for some reason you got a little butt hurt. My bad... again...

Chill Dave... damn.

Not to mention, no one has to "rip apart the block" to swap pistons... its very easy for the mechanically inclined with reasonable tools...

superchargedk20
05-12-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm not butt hurt at all. Can I do work myself? Yes I can ( i used to be a kid on a high school budget too like everyone else). Do i chose to work on my car? For the most part no. Can I do technical things like take my motor apart? Def not. I chose that route. I am greatful to be close freinds with my speed shop and they have always steered me in the right direction. My builds always come out clean / legit and i have the numbers and kills to prove it. Why u bring up my mechanical expertise, is beyond me, it has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. I give my advise on personal experience on what has worked for me, what has been done to my car, and whay i feel is the best option for members cost wise and result wise. I ran a jrsc meth injection . At one point on eph I made the most power on a jrsc a3 (255whp) untill Dan made 272 whp also on meth. Do I think ur advise here is wrong? No I dont. But it seems the most illogical way for the goals we are discussing . I do not wish to argue with u on someone else's thread build. I gave my advise and said my points.

To the Op and gtec, here is a thread from crsx, u will find detail info on meth, plus install guides, plus dyno sheets to show u its effectiveness, if u are considering this route
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=549019&highlight=meth+supercharge

klik
05-15-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm not butt hurt at all. Can I do work myself? Yes I can ( i used to be a kid on a high school budget too like everyone else). Do i chose to work on my car? For the most part no. Can I do technical things like take my motor apart? Def not. I chose that route. I am greatful to be close freinds with my speed shop and they have always steered me in the right direction. My builds always come out clean / legit and i have the numbers and kills to prove it. Why u bring up my mechanical expertise, is beyond me, it has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. I give my advise on personal experience on what has worked for me, what has been done to my car, and whay i feel is the best option for members cost wise and result wise. I ran a jrsc meth injection . At one point on eph I made the most power on a jrsc a3 (255whp) untill Dan made 272 whp also on meth. Do I think ur advise here is wrong? No I dont. But it seems the most illogical way for the goals we are discussing . I do not wish to argue with u on someone else's thread build. I gave my advise and said my points.

To the Op and gtec, here is a thread from crsx, u will find detail info on meth, plus install guides, plus dyno sheets to show u its effectiveness, if u are considering this route
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=549019&highlight=meth+supercharge

Cool thanks. I think ill be happy if i reach 220whp with just i/rh/e kpro and a good tune.

superchargedk20
05-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Cool thanks. I think ill be happy if i reach 220whp with just i/rh/e kpro and a good tune.

U say that now young padawon.... but once the bug bites it bites hard. I remember when I said I would be happy with 220 whp.... Lasted maybe that summer lol.

klik
05-16-2013, 12:23 AM
U say that now young padawon.... but once the bug bites it bites hard. I remember when I said I would be happy with 220 whp.... Lasted maybe that summer lol.

i know, i had a jrsc street, and now look where im at.

superchargedk20
05-16-2013, 12:50 AM
So was I, and look where im at now lol. I see boost for u next yr!

klik
05-16-2013, 04:20 PM
So was I, and look where im at now lol. I see boost for u next yr!

Dammit dont say that lol. But just incase i do ill talk to you about it. I just ordered my plm race header last night next should be the clutch and flys.

differentK
05-17-2013, 04:00 AM
im a little late to the party here... 220 is definitely doable on a k24a2- i made 226whp on my 04 with a prb IM, 3in CAI, PLM race header, and a 2.5in exh. however- once the power bug bites it gets pretty bad. I was supercharged about 3 months later- @7psi made 298whp with belt slip. now on to the x factor- meth injection. AWESOME add on for boosted cars. after fixing the belt slip and adding meth- car made 327whp @9psi on a hot day. recently changed up the setup and now i am happily sitting at 352whp @9psi on another hot day. if you do your research- pick a good kit- and even more importantly, pick a good tuner- it is an easy, low maintenance power adder that not only cools but ups the octane and steam cleans the cylinder head.

klik
05-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Nice 300+whp is crazy. Do you think ill be able to keep up with my friends 2013 subaru sti and 2012 civic si with my k24 project? Cause if not then i will need more that 220 to the wheels for sure. The reason why i ask cause this deucebag friends of mine always talking crap about how slow my ride is, that i should trade it. But i love this car so much that im willing to spend my extra hard earned cash to make her better and faster.

superchargedk20
05-17-2013, 10:30 AM
im a little late to the party here... 220 is definitely doable on a k24a2- i made 226whp on my 04 with a prb IM, 3in CAI, PLM race header, and a 2.5in exh. however- once the power bug bites it gets pretty bad. I was supercharged about 3 months later- @7psi made 298whp with belt slip. now on to the x factor- meth injection. AWESOME add on for boosted cars. after fixing the belt slip and adding meth- car made 327whp @9psi on a hot day. recently changed up the setup and now i am happily sitting at 352whp @9psi on another hot day. if you do your research- pick a good kit- and even more importantly, pick a good tuner- it is an easy, low maintenance power adder that not only cools but ups the octane and steam cleans the cylinder head.
I was hoping u would show lol !

klik
05-18-2013, 09:37 AM
I was hoping u would show lol !

You guys are showing me the light!

gtecd20
05-19-2013, 09:41 AM
The sti might get u at the launch but I'm sure u can take him

klik
05-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Ill race him cause my friend sucks at driving. He was on panic mode when i drove his sti and showed him how fadt it was lol.

ryboto
05-31-2013, 05:34 AM
I've got nearly the same setup you're going to start with-
06 K24A2 W/RBB, EP3 TB
50*VTC(not in right now, will be soon)
Custom short intake
PLM/KRRH header, 2.5'' high flow cat, OBX twin loop
Z3 Trans internals in RSX case(6spd+LSD)
Avid motor mounts

Barely hitting 200whp now(estimated) :(

klik
05-31-2013, 07:43 AM
I've got nearly the same setup you're going to start with-
06 K24A2 W/RBB, EP3 TB
50*VTC(not in right now, will be soon)
Custom short intake
PLM/KRRH header, 2.5'' high flow cat, OBX twin loop
Z3 Trans internals in RSX case(6spd+LSD)
Avid motor mounts

Barely hitting 200whp now(estimated) :(

your intake is chocking you. You need cold air. Im going with a tsx injen cai and will relocate the fuse box to fit. And also your using an cat that also might be the problem. You should be at 210-220whp atleast.

differentK
05-31-2013, 08:10 AM
your intake is chocking you. You need cold air. Im going with a tsx injen cai and will relocate the fuse box to fit. And also your using an cat that also might be the problem. You should be at 210-220whp atleast.

an RSX CAI fits with no relocation- and is 3in. a better intake manifold would help improve mid to top end power. the k24a2 is a beast down low- but struggles up top. the 50 deg VTC also goes along way as well- you should see big gains in your mid range torque alone.

klik
05-31-2013, 11:36 AM
an RSX CAI fits with no relocation- and is 3in. a better intake manifold would help improve mid to top end power. the k24a2 is a beast down low- but struggles up top. the 50 deg VTC also goes along way as well- you should see big gains in your mid range torque alone.

What cai injen you talking about? The ones that drop below the battery? Im using a rbb mani so those type of intake wont work because of the angle.

robzilla
02-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Any updates on this build?

usedep3
02-13-2014, 08:14 PM
car is FS, block was sold