PDA

View Full Version : New tires.

dble0
05-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Personal opinions on a set of yoko's yk580? Bought a set of type r rims and I am trying to price tires to determine what I need to save up for. The guy at the local tire shop recommended these with a price tag of 144

dble0
05-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Bump for good info

dble0
05-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Anybody?

mussh
05-15-2013, 04:10 PM
do some research. find reviews for that tire.

i get my tires from discount tire direct.
i did some research for a all season performance tire, that was good for lowered cars.
when i was done, i found that nitto neogens were a good match for my driving style and for the tempermental weather in MD.

it all depends what your looking for. performance? durability? alittle of both?

google that yoko tire and see what the reviews say. i personally have never heard of that particular yoko.

Hasbro
05-15-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, it's not listed on Tire Rack. They make some nice tires and some that are pure crap. Check out the surveys on Tire Rack where they compare different tires in similar categories. They are pretty spot on usually, although not always perfect. And only pay attention to the ratings that matter to you. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=EP

If cost is a factor you might consider using the two best tires you now have on the rears and getting two new quality tires for the fronts. Almost all EP alignments can handle this set up since an older, harder, and worn tire will provide less adhesion and give you some understear, lol. I ran sticky Kumho XSes up front with my original Michelins for a year! If there are dissenters I understand.